CoinDesk is the leading digital media, events and research company in this rapidly growing, blockchain and digital asset world. We are driven by the mission to be the media platform for the next generation of global investors
The team of subject matter experts at CoinDesk delivers reliable and relevant content to both individuals and businesses, enabling them to make impactful decisions and stay current on this evolving industry.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top quality journalism and event production, creating a community for millions of members. We are all excited to continue on this journey and take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long lasting impact. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
We are seeking an experienced analytics & business intelligence leader who ideally has experience at media / publishing companies to be responsible for driving reports and insights that allow CoinDesk to make informed business decisions and to scale our businesses (media, events, and data) using actionable user and usage data.
The ideal candidate is ambitious, a good communicator and educator, collaborative and ready to roll up their sleeves as CoinDesk continues to grow.
As the head of analytics and insights, you will:
- Architect, develop and implement centralized research, data and analytics to identify consumer trends while crafting scalable solutions for automating reports, dashboards, and business insights so users can quickly and accurately know how key operations, content, and processes are performing by tracking KPIs and marrying those insights to financial results
- Work with various team and executive stakeholders to define mission-critical metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Surface impactful or compelling results from internal custom research studies to highlight new and emerging consumer trends and sentiments that present value for marketers and internal business owners
- Identify audience development and growth opportunities for onsite, offsite and partnership growth by uncovering relevant and actionable audience insights
- Manipulate and combine audience segment data to create user profiles that go deeper than standard demographics - bringing the audience to life
- Collaborate cross functionally with colleagues in CoinDesk’s Product & Engineering, SEO, Events, Editorial & Multimedia content (CDTV/video and podcasts), Social Media, and Ad Ops to gauge needs and provide analytical solutions for optimizing decision making, providing actionable analysis on how to acquire, engage and retain audience on CoinDesk.com, mobile, live events, etc.
- Design and coordinate with Marketing on tests to identify new opportunities for growth
- Develop training curriculum and cadence to continually educate CoinDesk staff on industry thought leadership and trends
- Analyze trends in audience behavior as it relates to different product offerings
- Design, build and automate dashboards to display insights and provide transparency to the whole company
- Identify critical data points that are missing in helping tell the CoinDesk narrative
- Provide data-driven insights to help shape the Product & Engineering roadmap
- Partner with technical staff to conduct continuous A/B testing of products to optimize user experience and engagement
- Manage and build a small team of supporting analysts
- Robust experience using data and analytics to iterate and improve products, ideally at a media business
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics 360 v3 (UA) and 4 (GA4), Google Search Console, Tableau, Ahrefs, Parse.ly, MS Excel (formulas, VBA, Macros, etc.), data visualization tools, and recommendations on other tools that can track how we are engaging, acquiring and retaining users
- Experience with Google Data Studio, Big Query, NewRelic, AWS Athena, AWS Kinesis are pluses
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in writing and understanding SQL queries
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.