As the exchanges/custodial business reporter, you are the eyes and ears into those spaces for CoinDesk.
Your mission: to ensure CoinDesk readers are fully up to date on happenings in the crypto exchange, custodial and wallet-provider businesses, with a particular focus on those that are publicly traded or soon to be, and that all content is accurate, punctual and written in CoinDesk style.
The ideal candidate has at least four years of financial journalism experience, with at least half that time spent covering public companies. Knowledge of balance sheets and income statements is a must. Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and related technologies and familiarity with crypto exchanges are definite pluses, as is experience with startups that have transitioned to, or are going through the process of, an IPO.
You are a self-starter with a track record of building a network of sources and using that network to break news and get scoops. You have an insatiable intellectual curiosity, a nose for news, a can-do/collaborative attitude and the ability to write clear, concise copy on tight deadlines.
- Report and write articles per agreed-upon deadlines and schedule, incorporating feedback from CoinDesk editors.
- Scan regulatory and court filings, the market, analyst reports, news outlets, trade publications, blogs, websites, social media, online forums and other information sources for story leads
- Develop sources within the crypto exchange, crypto custody and wallet provider worlds to break news, including reports of purchases, ventures, investments and going public.
- Cover earnings as well as company and analyst calls/events.
- Learn to write concise, sophisticated pieces with a voice. The pieces will not only explain what happened but tell the reader why it matters and how it fits in with the overall picture.
- When necessary be able to write profiles and trend stories in narrative form.
- Focus on finding actionable trends to make our content as valuable to readers as possible.
- Cover/write exchange/custody news as breaks each day including summarizing other media and handling relevant embargoes.
- Work hand-in-glove with teams/reporters in other regions to uncover and write trend stories in exchanges and custody, including regulatory issues.
- Uncover and write scoops.
- Chase and write about market moves regarding the companies in question.
- Assist CoinDesk in building local relationships
- Attend relevant events, meetups and conferences
Please note that only a member of CoinDesk’s Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @coindesk.com or @coindesk-indices.com email in regards to any and all opportunities at CoinDesk. Disregard emails from any other addresses or persons. If you’re selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our team will reach out to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.