CoinDesk, the leading digital media company in the rapidly growing world of digital assets, aims to create an authoritative library of information around cryptocurrency, Web 3 and related topics. CoinDesk’s Learn section aims to demystify crypto in a friendly, jargon-free manner for anyone looking to educate themselves about this new asset class and be part of this next generation of investing.
CoinDesk is seeking an assistant editor to help grow our educational and evergreen content. The assistant editor will work with the managing editor to program the editorial calendar and keep it up to date as we rapidly scale our content output, manage freelancer communications and assist with editing and fact-checking articles. They will collaborate with our SEO, news and audience teams to identify new opportunities and topics to cover.
The assistant editor will also enter content into our CMS and prepare it for publication, including working with the copy desk, choosing images, and crafting social copy for both new pieces and recirculation of evergreen content as needed.
The ideal candidate has experience covering crypto and/or finance and is able to put themselves in the mind of a beginner to ensure Learn content is both informative and accessible. You are ambitious, collaborative and ready to roll up your sleeves as CoinDesk continues to scale.
The assistant editor reports to the Managing Editor, Learn.
- Help manage CoinDesk Learn’s editorial calendar, working with the Managing Editor to identify monthly themes and strategic topics and collaborating with the Layer 2 team on Learn content to support theme weeks.
- Continually monitor search behavior and trending content to inform content strategy. Ensure best practices for SEO are implemented throughout the process — from content strategy to site tools to individual articles.
- Help recruit and manage freelance writers, including communicating assignments and deadlines and maintaining AirTable with status updates.
- Enter copy into the CMS and work with Copy desk to ensure content is error free.
- Craft social copy for new posts and plan for weekly recirculation of evergreen content. Work with social media team to create IG cards and other multimedia social posts.
- Help maintain internal documentation for Learn processes and content.
- Edit and fact-check articles from freelancers in a deadline-driven environment.
- 2-3+ years of experience as a journalist or editor, with experience covering crypto or financial markets
- Thorough knowledge of SEO and data tools and how to incorporate it into content strategy
- Excellent project management skill and experience managing editorial schedules and freelancers
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools such as Slack, Airtable, etc.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.