The ideal candidate is eager to take ownership over the entire hiring process, implement changes to streamline practices and optimize them, knows how to use various technologies to source candidates and carries themselves as a brand ambassador 100% of the time. As the face of TradeBlock to both internal and external stakeholders, your role will be instrumental in helping the organization achieve its goals. If you’re excited about rolling up your sleeves, becoming crypto curious (if not already) and getting stuff done, you’ve come to the right place.
This position reports directly into the Head of Strategy and Ops.
- Act as player/coach in recruitment for hyper-growth fintech by leading a best in class talent acquisition team
- Support recruitment and the talent management process through identification of departmental growth, metrics, and business complexity analysis with partnership of finance and operations
- Support hiring managers in the full recruitment lifecycle from job descriptions creation to new employee onboarding and beyond
- Ensure hiring managers and interviewers are aware of and understand the legal and process requirements of recruitment
- Manage all relationships with external vendors including recruitment agencies and SaaS/PaaS products for talent acquisition and branding
- Manage ATS, configure features and evangelize product adoption for continued growth and sophistication of recruiting team
- Implement and improve best practices within full lifecycle recruitment
- Provide regular and ad hoc training to hiring managers on how to use recruiting tools
- Source and screen candidates using traditional and out-of-the-box methods
- Maintain a diversity recruiting strategy and campaign
- Coordinate interviews, such as phone screens, onsite meetings, and follow ups
- Foster a culture of response and communication throughout the candidate lifecycle
- Produce and reveal reporting metrics on recruiting KPIs, such as time to fill, candidate demographics (too see if we are meeting our DEI goals and to adjust strategies if not)
- Manage seamless hand-off process from candidate to new hire stage for onboarding with internal team
- Ensure an excellent candidate experience throughout all TradeBlock-based interview processes
- Partner with Finance, Operations, IT and HR to continuously develop location strategy; adhering to local and federal laws as it relates to hiring and employee rights
- Strategic in building and maintaining processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
We understand that not all candidates possess every single attribute and requirement listed; we’re looking for a well rounded candidate who isn’t afraid to tackle the tactical and pivot to the strategic elements of talent acquisition as well.
- 5-7 years of related experience working in HR/ Recruiting, preferably with experience in both Talent Acquisition and HR
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a full-cycle recruiting process for high-growth companies
- Minimum 2 years people leadership experience
- Understand recruiting operations and familiar with HR generalist functions
- Experience working with 1 or more recruiting technologies such as Lever, Greenhouse, Workable, etc.
- Effectively handles highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Uses sound judgment and discretion in managing employee relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all audiences, internally across the organization, and externally to all candidates
- High skilled social media capabilities from an employment branding and sourcing perspective.
- Knowledge of best practices with recruiting strategies and statutory compliance
- Have access to an existing, established and broad talent network
- You are patient, compassionate and willing to do whatever it takes to deliver results!
Note on Location: Note on Location: While most of our team is still working remotely, our future expectation is that the Director of Recruiting of TradeBlock will have occasional travel to Stamford, CT and New York, NY.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.