About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices are the industry standard for institutional single- and multi-asset benchmarks for crypto assets. The flagship CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has been in operation continuously since 2014. Financial institutions rely on the XBX and other CoinDesk Indices products to benchmark billions of dollars in assets under management and to price hundreds of millions in over-the-counter transactions, daily. We are adding to the list below, developing new indices for some of the largest institutions active in the crypto market.
About the role
Our data engineers build and maintain the technology underpinning our market data and index infrastructure. They are responsible for core software development, data ingestion, transformation and distribution, as well as measuring and improving the performance of our systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in crypto currencies, capital markets and/or FX. Deep Linux and AWS experience is important, as well as experience working with complex data-processing pipelines.
- Manage multiple API integrations (REST, Web Socket and FIX)
- Develop scalable and robust architecture for the existing state of our infrastructure as well as its future state while contributing to its maintenance and improvement.
- Write reliable, reusable and efficient code and APIs to support our infrastructure and product requirements.
- Analyze performance and identify bottlenecks.
- Contribute to the status and health monitoring systems of our infrastructure.
- Provide quick responses to production issues.
- Contribute technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process of new products.
- Experience with large data sets, preferably Redis, and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Proficiency with communication APIs (HTTP short and long polling, HTTP streaming, REST, WebSockets).
- Experience with C.
- Experience with FIX.
- 5+ years experience with Linux.
- 3+ years experience with AWS.
- 3+ years experience with Redis.
- Experience in crypto currencies, FX, or capital markets.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.