About CoinDesk: CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions. Twitter: @CoinDesk
CoinDesk, the global leader in crypto and blockchain news, seeks a dynamic Manager of Group Registration Sales for the annual Consensus Festival, and the broader CoinDesk Events.
The Manager will work to develop and convert key organizations for group registrations to the Consensus event. These include: universities, government tech & export offices, Chambers of Commerce, and private businesses in crypto-adjacent sectors. They will fulfill all group registration programs, and will also assist other internal teams in the development and execution of a handful of custom partnerships.
The Manage is a deft multitasker with experience researching, approaching, and closing potential clients. They are charismatic and persuasive, with strong work ethic and experience closing & contracting deals.
In this role, the Manage will report to the Managing Director of Consensus, and will work internally with Event Operations, Sales, Marketing, Content and CoinDesk Studios teams to help generate target lists and outreach strategies, and to assist in proposals, strategy, and execution of broader company partnerships.
In this role, the Manage will be the point of contact for group registration clients, working along with sales and content leads to ensure successful relationships and to help grow and maintain accounts.
Additionally, we will look to the Manage to brainstorm and develop new opportunities, source new partnerships and manage internal and external resources to bring partners into the fold.
As part of the core CoinDesk team the candidate will require fundamental skills including owning and managing team OKRs, being adept at time and project management, have creativity to dream up new opportunities for partners, be a natural networker and understand the business and revenue side of media, publishing, and events.
This individual must be comfortable with a fast paced, high pressure environment and have a passion for creative experimentation. They should be experienced with identifying opportunities within media and marketing disciplines.
We understand that not all candidates possess every single attribute and requirement listed; we’re looking for a well-rounded candidate who isn’t afraid to learn new skills.
- Develop and manage new opportunities for group registrations to the Consensus Festival and other CoinDesk Events.
- Own multiple clients from pre-sale thru contracting and fulfillment, and ensure success as much as is in their control.
- Manage fulfillment of any group registration packages that come in thru the sponsorship team, or thru any marketing or audience partnerships.
- Be first point of contact for client on Consensus opportunities
- Be comfortable with managing client relationships and working with the sales and content teams to build opportunities with current and future clients
- Work with internal Sales, Marketing, and CoinDesk Studios teams to brainstorm, develop, and support new opportunities, partners, and programs.
- Be able to write copy, and develop decks & proposals
- Identify potential partners for outreach to help further the CoinDesk vision
- Help measure and report success of programs and campaigns.
- Work with Product, Studios, and Ad-Ops to create new offerings to the client base
- Maintain working knowledge of Events, Activations, CoinDesk Journalism and media products, and other cross media content opportunities
- Research competitors and adjacent brands and media to inspire areas of future exploration
- Explore, leverage and experiment with new and emergent program ideas.
- 3-5 years of experience working in sales, marketing, or events
- Proven ability to hit targets and goals
- Experience working with a high volume of clients, and/or higher level clients.
- Familiarity with financial and cryptocurrency news
- Experience with brand activations and events
- Impeccable writing and editing command and ability to build decks and proposals communicating creative ideas
- Proven success of owning and managing projects of all sizes
- Ability to think outside the box and drive opportunity through creative solutions with clients
- Thorough knowledge of content, media, marketing and events landscapes
- Familiarity with off-site platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other off-site platforms including TikTok, WhatsApp, Telegram, Reddit and Discord
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, and have a proactive approach to executing deliverables
- Ability to handle short-term and long-term goals for various projects on deadline in a fast-paced, news-driven organization
- Ability to manage all aspects of a client’s lifecycle
- Great communication skills, verbal and written
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis. (edited)