About CoinDesk Indices
CoinDesk Indices are the industry standard for institutional single- and multi-asset benchmarks for crypto assets. The flagship CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has been in operation continuously since 2014. Financial institutions rely on the XBX and other CoinDesk Indices products to benchmark billions of dollars in assets under management and to price hundreds of millions in over-the-counter transactions, daily. We are adding to the list below, developing new indices for some of the largest institutions active in the crypto market.
About the role
CoinDesk Indices' Site Reliability Engineers design and maintain data infrastructure built to process vast amounts of crypto and blockchain data, with high degrees of accuracy and performance. Our data architecture is of substantial volume and size, aggregating billions of data points on a daily basis. This includes crypto market data, such as order books and trade executions, and network-level data from various blockchain protocols. We build-out connectivity to ingest, process, and distribute data from countless marketplaces. We also process data from various blockchain networks in order to provide institutional clients and CoinDesk readers the most reliable blockchain data and tooling in the world.
- Collaborate with engineering teams members on system design and enhancements to the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and documentation practices to promote a culture of collaboration.
- Own the performance and availability of our systems, innovating with the existing team to continuously improve upon both.
- Automate all phases of product life cycle, automating responses to failures, and generally eliminating as much operational work as possible.
- Develop engineering solutions that optimize hardware and software to achieve required service levels, performance, and economics.
- Support end-to-end solutions, including applications, servers, networks, data pipelines and data platforms.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues and manage them effectively to resolution.
- 6+ years of experience in software or systems engineering.
- 4+ years infrastructure experience in crypto currencies, FX, or traditional capital markets.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and AWS.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and in-memory data stores.
- Strong networking fundamentals such as firewalls, load balancers, TCP/IP protocols.
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with SDLC processes.
- Experience with C/C++ or Python.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Objective, data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- 3+ years running bare-metal systems.
- 2+ years experience in AWS administration.
- 3+ years experience with Linux.
- System tuning and kernel optimization.
- PG and Redis experience.
- HAProxy experience.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis. (edited)