TradeBlock is a wholly owned subsidiary of CoinDesk, servicing financial firms with crypto currency trading technology, institutional-grade market data, as well as blockchain data and analytics. We are a technology company focused on building the future of finance by developing robust data infrastructure for blockchain networks and crypto markets.
We are looking for candidates excited to shape this future by contributing to the crypto and blockchain industries through an industry-leading firm. This full-time role offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, flexible time-off and a rewarding work environment rooted in The CoinDesk way.
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to help build out our engineering team within our Indices business unit. This position will be responsible for business-critical architecture and long-term technology decisions. They will also take the lead on developing and expanding the engineering team in line with our principles. A strong candidate would have experience building a team and scaling high-availability financial systems, and must be willing to be hands-on when needed (especially as the crypto market continues to grow). Deep Linux and AWS experience is important, as well as experience developing complex and comprehensive data-processing pipelines.
- Enable and drive strategic decisions and the future of the business, guiding decisions from a deep understanding of technology infrastructure.
- Build upon, deliver and maintain technology aligned with the business vision and the needs of its customers.
- Provide team engineers with the processes, management, mentorship, and tools to design and develop mission-critical engineering solutions (e.g. comprehensive knowledge bases, learning opportunities, standard processes and technical standards).
- Grow the technical expertise of the company as it relates to performance, scalability, and maintainable infrastructure.
- Ensure the team implements and adheres to security best practices.
- Work with the product team to set expectations, allocate resources and prioritize, and follow through on commitments.
- Responsible for the being, retention, advancement, and performance of engineers.
- Experience successfully managing and delivering large projects.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience, leading teams focused on results.
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing managers in an engineering organization.
- Demonstrated success in working with Product and Sales teams to provide capacity planning for the business
- High level knowledge of different technology disciplines (Data Analysis, Security, DevOps) and ability to grow teams in these work streams
- Proficient in Linux command line, system administration and excellent hands-on experience with Linux platforms.
- Excellent networking knowledge (firewalls, load balancers, TCP/IP protocols, traffic shaping).
- A deep understanding of distributed, high-availability systems, OS and network security, and building systems at scale.
- Experience scaling an engineering team and infrastructure at a fast-growing organization.
- Willingness to drive the day to day operations of an engineering organization.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- PostgreSQL and Redis experience.
- HAProxy experience.
- 10+ years experience with Linux.
- 3+ years running bare-metal systems.
- 3+ years experience in AWS administration.
- 4+ years infrastructure experience in crypto currencies, FX, or traditional capital markets.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis. (edited)