TradeBlock is the leading provider of real-time indexes for the spot price of various digital currencies, equipping firms with an effective price discovery mechanism crucial in navigating the volatile digital currency markets. Additionally, TradeBlock is the premier platform for institutional digital currency traders, complete with a powerful suite of market and blockchain data, as well as execution and post-trade tools for liquidity providers, asset managers, corporate clients, and exchanges, among others. For more information on TradeBlock, please visit https://tradeblock.com.
About the Role
The TradeBlock Value Management Organization (VMO) seeks an experienced and energetic Agile champion to deliver value to our external and internal customers through the consistent application of Agile and SAFe practices. The person filling this role is excited about Agile and has an unquenchable thirst to both learn and solve problems. The role requires an organized, communicative, collaborative, personable, and approachable style.
- Serve as a Scrum Master for multiple teams across the program where required.
- Experience in SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is required.
- Assist in overall program/project planning and ensure cross-team dependencies are well-understood and modeled in project plans and timelines.
- Identify, document, and publish risks and issues related to the overall program and to define resolution paths where required.
- Resolve cross-team impediments and blocking issues.
- Collect and consolidate cross-team status for delivery to stakeholders and executive management.
- Schedule and conduct meetings and ceremonies in accordance with best practices for Agile/Scrum software development.
- Responsible for building team collaboration, commitment towards achieving sprint objectives and viewing team needs above everything else.
- Continuously work to improve team performance and productivity:
- Encourage team accountability, self-organization, and empowerment.
- Share and champion the use of common Agile practices.
- Facilitate Retrospectives which generate new ideas for process improvement.
- Maintain relevant metrics that guide the development team to more efficient processes in their work and in satisfying their Product Owner and stakeholders.
- Maintain effective information radiators that aid transparency and encourage clear communication between the development team, the Product Owner, and stakeholders.
- Continuously seek ways to incrementally improve Agile practices in the organization; must be willing to test and learn.
- 10+ years of experience in any combination of the following: Program Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master, and Release Train Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with Engineering and Product teams to deliver globally available and highly regulated solutions in the securities / financial services industry.
- Must be a champion for Agile at scale / SAFe practices and have both the desire and ability to serve as a guide to all team members on their Agile journey.
- A Scrum Master Certification or equivalent experience.
- Subject matter expert of Scrum in addition to extensive knowledge of other Agile development approaches and practices.
- Experience with Jira and implementation of best practices in Agile tools and workflows.
- Jira administration experience is a plus.
- Confluence administration experience is a plus.
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with development teams, Product Owners, Product Management, Senior Management, and C-Suite.
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills – must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches and drive resolution.
- Effective influencer, able to work upward and across teams to build rapport and partner with others to solve common problems.
- High level of personal accountability, as evidenced by their commitment, resilience, ownership, and mindset toward continuous learning.
- Continual improvement -- must be constantly growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques, and sharing these within and among teams.
- Assertive – must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough calls.
- Ability to facilitate, understand, and contribute to technical discussions.
- High motivation and drive to help the program teams excel and deliver based on program timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with diverse personality types.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- 401K Matching
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- Training & Development investment
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis. (edited)