About CoinDesk: CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions. Twitter: @CoinDesk
Senior Content Marketing Manager, CoinDesk
CoinDesk Indexes are the leading provider of real-time indexes for the spot price of various digital currencies. CoinDesk Indexes are run by the TradeBlock team, which performs all index calculations and its flagship CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (XBX) has been in operation continuously since 2014. In January 2021, CoinDesk Inc. acquired TradeBlock, the premier platform for institutional digital currency traders and the leading provider of real-time indexes for the spot price of various digital currencies. TradeBlock is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CoinDesk, Inc, and operates entirely independently of CoinDesk Media. Financial institutions rely on the XBX and other CoinDesk Indexes products to benchmark billions of dollars in assets under management and to price hundreds of millions in over-the-counter transactions, daily.
CoinDesk employs the largest group of world-class, independent journalists dedicated to covering the crypto and blockchain ecosystem. More than $36 billion in assets under management are benchmarked against CoinDesk Indexes, and billions of dollars in trading volume have been quoted against them in the over-the-counter market.
As the Senior Content Marketing Manager for CoinDesk Indexes, you’ll create a variety of compelling content to support our growing index business, working closely with the Index team at TradeBlock, delivering content that creates awareness of CoinDesk Indexes and drives lead generation and MQLs for the indexes team.
You make the complex simple and are intimately familiar with how to address a variety of sub-segments of institutional finance professionals, from pension funds, ETF providers, hedge funds, exchanges, and even active retail investors. You are a compelling B2B financial storyteller who can work closely with financial product and index industry experts, as well as collaborate across the organization with events teams and media platforms to provide the right content to the right audience.
The ideal candidate has content marketing experience, has worked or written about indexes, and also has a passion for the emerging and constantly changing cryptocurrency, blockchain and decentralized finance markets. Financial industry expertise is also a big plus.
We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and hardworking team players who would be committed to a fast-growing company and who share our passion for reimagining the future of money and finance, and the emerging crypto economy.
- Partner closely with the TradeBlock team (the subsidiary that runs CoinDesk Indexes), to help develop content strategy and own the content execution plan for key marketing campaigns and events to drive awareness, education, lead generation and interest in CoinDesk Indexes offerings.
- Ability to collaborate across marketing and design team, events content team, product team, editorial teams andTradeBlock to help develop content strategy and own the content execution plan for key marketing campaigns.
- Produce high quality, compelling content.
- Track and report content performance metrics and use that data in content planning cycles.
- Draft copy across digital channels including blogs, virtual events/webinars, emails/ texts, landing pages, thought leadership, selling materials, internal materials and more.
- Be the guardian of brand voice and style, ensuring consistency across every touchpoint.
- Tell stories and present products in a way that inspires, engages, educates, and drives action.
- 5+ years of content marketing experience in the financial services industry, preferably with index industry experience (huge plus)
- Experience speaking with financial professionals about complicated financial trends and concepts and translating that into content; facile with charts, graphs and visualizations to tell a financial story
- Solid knowledge and interest in the crypto and blockchain industry
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Excellent editing / spelling skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Data-driven mindset with a strong creative ability to come up with content ideas and user experiences: and a proven track record of using metrics to develop and iterate on content
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude
- BS/BA degree, preferably (but not necessarily) in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.
For more information on our DEI initiatives, please visit: https://www.coindesk.com/dei/.
CoinDesk is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, CoinDesk will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis. (edited)