TradeBlock is a wholly owned subsidiary of CoinDesk, servicing financial firms with crypto currency trading technology, institutional-grade market data, as well as blockchain data and analytics. We are a technology company focused on building the foundation for the future of finance, using robust blockchain and cryptocurrency infrastructure.
We are looking for candidates excited to shape this future by contributing to the crypto and blockchain industries through an industry-leading firm. This full-time role offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, flexible time-off and a rewarding work environment rooted in "The CoinDesk Way".
TradeBlock’s site reliability engineers design and maintain data infrastructure built to process vast amounts of crypto and blockchain data, with high degrees of accuracy and performance. Our data architecture is of substantial volume and size, aggregating billions of data points on a daily basis. This includes crypto market data, such as order books and trade executions, and network-level data from various blockchain protocols. We build-out connectivity to ingest, process, and distribute data from countless marketplaces. We also process data from various blockchain networks in order to provide institutional clients and CoinDesk readers the most reliable blockchain data and tooling in the world.
This position will report to TradeBlock’s Lead Site Reliability Engineer.
- Collaborate with engineering teams members on system design and enhancements to the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and documentation practices to promote a culture of collaboration.
- Own the performance and availability of our systems, innovating with the existing team to continuously improve upon both.
- Automate all phases of product life cycle, automating responses to failures, and generally eliminating as much operational work as possible.
- Develop engineering solutions that optimize hardware and software to achieve required service levels, performance, and economics.
- Support end-to-end solutions, including applications, servers, networks, data pipelines and data platforms.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues and manage them effectively to resolution.
- 2+ years of experience in software or systems engineering.
- Knowledge of Linux and AWS.
- Understanding of relational databases and in-memory data stores.
- Solid networking fundamentals such as firewalls, load balancers, TCP/IP protocols.
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Experience with Terraform and/or Ansible.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with SDLC processes.
- Experience with C/C++ or Python.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Objective, data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- 2+ years experience in AWS administration.
- 2+ years experience with Linux.
- PG and Redis experience.
- HAProxy experience.