Head of Indexes Marketing, CoinDesk
CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming, research reports, events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk employs the largest group of world-class, independent journalists dedicated to covering the crypto and blockchain ecosystem. More than $36 billion in assets under management are benchmarked against CoinDesk Indexes, and billions of dollars in trading volume have been quoted against them in the over-the-counter market. In January 2021, CoinDesk Inc. acquired TradeBlock, the premier platform for institutional digital currency traders and the leading provider of real-time indexes for the spot price of various digital currencies. TradeBlock is a subsidiary of CoinDesk, Inc, and operates entirely independently of CoinDesk Media. Based in New York City, CoinDesk has over 100 full-time employees and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions. Twitter: @CoinDesk
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are all excited to continue on this journey and take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long lasting impact. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans on a mission to create a better world through the future of money.
We are seeking a data-driven Marketer with institutional finance experience as we work quickly to expand our team to specifically support our growing CoinDesk Indexes business.
The ideal candidate has index experience, knows financial services, institutional finance players, and also understands the emerging cryptocurrency and decentralized finance markets,
We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and hardworking team players who share our passion for reimagining the future of money and the emerging crypto economy.
Flexibility is key, as your role will certainly change and expand over time as we continue to scale as a fast-growing global company in a fast-growing crypto industry space.
- Support the business development / sales function to generate MQLs and manage the lead generation pipeline for CoinDesk Indexes. Work closely with the team at TradeBlock, the index calculation subsidiary of CoinDesk.
- Develop GTM strategies and execute marketing plans for CoinDesk Indexes, including lead generation, CRM pipeline management, as well as database marketing, paid marketing, events marketing, and the like.
- Develop strategic marketing partnerships with financial institutions and events in the space to further develop brand awareness and generate a customer pipeline
- Support a small, agile marketing and PR team generally. Work closely with the growing marketing and PR team, which includes help on other marketing initiatives, especially as CoinDesk Indexes can benefit and grow thanks to CoinDesk’s overall platform brand equity and overall brand synergies.
- 7-10+ years of professional marketing experience preferably at an index, financial services, Fintech, or SaaS business
- Lead Generation / Demand Generation, B2B marketing, ABM (account based marketing) a plus
- Collaborative: Ability to work cross functionally with product, engineering, editorial, data science, analytics, research and design
- Strong analytical skills combined with strong writing skills, skilled at developing presentations
- Knowledge of and comfort with a variety of online tools, inclusive of marketing automation platforms, content management systems, CRM, web analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills — this role will work with multiple business units=
- Customer-driven, analytical and data driven
- Can-do attitude.
- Flexible and able/willing to execute rapidly, can work independently and is ready to roll up their sleeves as CoinDesk continues to scale
- Must be Crypto-curious, passion for cryptocurrencies and the future of money
- Can be remote. Willing to travel for work to NYC headquarters regularly and to work US east coast work hours
- PREFERABLE: Familiar with index businesses
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with SailThru, Tableau, and spreadsheet skills e.g. Pivot tables, VLookup, etc.
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with digital currencies, blockchain financial services