CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions. Twitter: @ CoinDesk
CoinDesk is looking for freelance writers to contribute to Crypto for Advisors, a soon-to-launch weekly newsletter for financial advisors (FAs).
Crypto for Advisors is targeted toward financial advisors who are new (or newer) to the world of cryptocurrencies, digital assets and blockchain technology and are seeking to better understand this space and how to talk about it with their clients.
The newsletter is meant to demystify the world of cryptocurrencies and digital assets with both evergreen educational articles and more timely financial news put through a crypto lens.
Contributing writers will provide articles for the newsletter and coindesk.com, acting as a “trusted guide” who can both inform a curious audience but who also understand the mindset of financial advisors and what is relevant to them and their clients.
Contributing writers don’t need to be FAs or finance professionals themselves, but they do need to be experienced in the crypto space and be able to write for a non-crypto audience, understanding and anticipating the needs and concerns of FAs specifically.
- Write regular articles about cryptocurrency as an asset class for an audience of financial advisors.
- Communicate with CoinDesk editors about story ideas/topics and edits and make changes to copy as needed for the newsletter and accompanying posts on coindesk.com.
- Meet agreed-upon deadlines and frequency for contributing articles.
- Work with CoinDesk graphics team to produce charts and graphs when appropriate.
- Remain on top of developments within the crypto and traditional financial markets and industries, especially on issues relevant to FAs.
- Familiarity with traditional financial markets and issues relevant to financial advisors.
- Experience writing on deadline and for a professional audience.
- Skilled at writing with a tone and voice that fits newsletters as a platform and explains complex topics and issues in an understandable and engaging style.
- Familiarity and experience with cryptocurrency and related technologies – and experience writing about them for a non-crypto audience.