CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, CoinDesk is a rapidly growing company with incredible ambitions. Its journalism, research, events, and CoinDesk TV provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them. Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 85 full-time employees worldwide and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain technology industry. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, innovative, forward-thinking and also, fun humans.
Are you a product manager who can turn a complex concept into an intuitive and simple product? Do you want to work with hands-on technology and investment leaders who shape the future financial markets? We are a financial news media company focused on helping to build the foundation for the future of finance that uses robust blockchain and cryptocurrency. We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead CoinDesk's strategy around tokenization as an engagement rewards program. This person will be laser-focused on helping CoinDesk grow its audience engagement. Market sizing, competitive analysis, customer segmentation, and other go-to-market planning will all be part of this product manager's role. Candidates should enjoy solving complex problems and rapidly formulating a clear point-of-view. This person will not just execute but also be highly involved in strategizing and analyzing. The ideal candidate will collaborate well with others and inspire and influence cross-functionally — preference for those who have a provable passion for blockchain and have worked with open source technologies.
- Work closely with product designers, researchers, and engineers to innovate, conceptualize, create POC to test, design, and pilot new capabilities to develop the best-in-market product experience for our audience.
- Analyze competitive tokenization programs and monitor their success in this space
- Work cross-functionally to guide the product from conception through launch, growth, and maturity by connecting the technical and business worlds to meet our audience's needs and increase engagement.
- Drive forward existing efforts around NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) as part of the tokenization redemption program
- Represent the voice of the audience internally across the company
- Create customer profiles and corresponding positioning and messaging
- Break down complex problems into iterations that drive product development and release, adopting the principles of growth, starting with MVP.
- Communicate project risks, progress, and launches, across all stakeholders and teams.
- Ensure that the business requirements are translated to technology requirements and drive software development from design through successful deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience building/shipping technical/fintech products - experience in crypto and tokenization preferred
- 5+ years of technical product management experience, including experience driving the product vision, design, and go-to-market strategy
- Proven success collaborating with designers, engineers, and end-users to translate design ideas into working prototypes for testing
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful products
- Ability to use market and competitor research to inform product strategy decisions
- Ability to communicate complex problems and technical architectures to all stakeholders
- Knowledge and keen enthusiasm on current trends in tokenization
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams from communicating conceptual ideas to execution
- Prior experience as an architect, developer, or SRE.
- Experience with crypto, FX, or capital markets software products.
- Experience with data-intensive financial software products.