CoinDesk is an integrated media platform for the next generation of investing, exploring how cryptocurrencies and digital assets are contributing to the evolution of the global financial system and the future of money. Our vision is to inform, educate and connect communities through news, data, events and research.
In January, we announced the acquisition of TradeBlock, the world's leading crypto index provider. TradeBlock's XBX is the closest proxy to the true price of bitcoin, and more than $30 billion in AUM are currently benchmarked against it and other TradeBlock products. CoinDesk is developing new multi-asset indexes, using these reference rates and TradeBlock technology. These will support financial products and narrative tools that allow a new generation of investors to understand and participate in the emerging crypto assets category.
CoinDesk is looking for an entrepreneurial executive with index and data sales experience to lead day-to-day commercial efforts. This is an opportunity to build a pillar in a new asset category that is redefining the financial sector. A strong candidate would have experience selling index licenses and index data to financial institutions. They will thrive when the product or the category is new and sometimes complicated, requiring education of and consultation with potential clients.
This full-time role offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, flexible time off and a rewarding work environment rooted in The CoinDesk Way.
- Take ownership of existing relationships and build out a pipeline of new licensing and revenue opportunities.
- Forecast and uncover opportunities with clients and prospects in multiple business categories.
- Collaborate with executives to develop a scalable commercial and revenue plan for the index and data business.
- Develop and close outside lead sources with institutional firms (asset managers, proprietary trading firms, hedge funds, exchanges and financial data vendors).
- Contribute well-established relationships, a strong network and a reputation that allows for interaction with the institutional firms that can use CoinDesk Indexes products.
- Work consultatively with clients and product managers, in order to gather and prioritize feedback on new products.
- Educate prospects about crypto markets; provide useful crypto commentary and resources.
- Assess the competitive environment and compile regular analysis for executive review.
- Collaborate with product, marketing and executive teams to translate clients' and prospects' feedback into effective products, pricing, go-to-market and messages that meet customer needs.
- Meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Track all activities: calls, conversations, contracts, etc., accurately and qualify opportunities.
- Work with marketing teams to plan go-to-market strategy.
- Attend conferences and client meetings both virtual and, as COVID safety protocols allow, in person, traveling as needed and as safety permits.
- Manage a sales team, and recruit team members as it grows.
- Results oriented business leader with a proven track record.
- Experience driving brand and business objectives and managing relationships.
- Industry relationships that are current and well developed.
- Excellent practices in client relationship management and processes.
- 10 + years business development and sales experience in the financial sector.
- Ability to collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- Ability to plan, record and manage activities effectively.
- International sales experience.
- Deep knowledge and interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
- Specific experience licensing financial indexes and data to institutions.