Director of Engineering, Data Systems
CoinDesk is the leading digital media, events and research company in this rapidly growing, blockchain and digital asset world. We are driven by the mission to be the media platform for the next generation of global investors
The team of subject matter experts at CoinDesk delivers reliable and relevant content to both individuals and businesses, enabling them to make impactful decisions and stay current on this evolving industry.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top quality journalism and event production, creating a community for millions of members. We are all excited to continue on this journey and take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long lasting impact. We’d love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Director of Engineering you will lead the engineering efforts by example. This is a hands-on technical role as a player-coach and force multiplier. You will develop scalable systems and processes to improve key metrics and drive system performance, code quality, and development velocity. As a leader, you ensure that engineering efforts are aligned across our data system teams and collaborate closely with our digital media team.
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- Access to Retirement Savings plans
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!
- Just about any snack you can think of from starburst to seaweed to sugar free jerky...
- Manage a team of backend engineers across our data, analytics, and content services
- Multiplies the effectiveness of others by facilitating cross-team work
- Sets short to medium-term strategic technical direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.
- Lead by example through hands-on coding, code reviews and system design.
- Turn complex project requirements into manageable technical plans. Work with Product and QA groups to deliver projects successfully
You are someone who seeks solutions to complex obstacles. You are comfortable with the ambiguity of a growing & scaling startup. You possess the skills to both implement long term processes and pivot to manage short term initiatives. You are a broad-minded, creative intellectual who demonstrates empathy for users and internal stakeholders. You are a passionate team player with strong technical acumen; your ability to lead engineers effectively and collaborate with other teams, is the key to success.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering)
5+ years of professional software development experience(Node, Python, etc. )
2+ years of management experience
2+ year of experience with Node.js
2+ years of front-end development (React, Angular, etc.)
Experience working in an environment with agile practices.
Postgres, Redis, Mysql
Hosting and deployment on AWS
Competitive salary and bonus offerings
Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
Life & disability coverage
Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
Access to Retirement Savings plans
We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!
Just about any snack you can think of from starburst to seaweed to sugar free jerky...