CoinDesk is the leading media and events company in this rapidly growing, blockchain and digital asset world. We are driven by the mission to inform various audiences, from those new to the space, to existing seasoned professionals, along with institutional investors.
The team of subject matter experts at CoinDesk delivers reliable and relevant content to both individuals and businesses, enabling them to make impactful decisions and stay current on this niche, evolving industry.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. Our global presence has grown exponentially through top quality journalism and event production, creating a community for millions of members. We are all excited to continue on this journey and take pride in the opportunity we have to make a long lasting impact. We’ love for you to join us if you’re willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
ABOUT THE ROLE...
As a Product Manager, you will champion the needs of our customers and assume an instrumental role in delivering high quality products. You will identify, clarify and assess user needs to influence critical business decisions. The role requires tremendous collaboration across all departments and executives to bring new, competitively advanced products to market.
As part of the CoinDesk team, you will shape the vision, strategy, and execution of our product roadmap for our web and mobile digital media products.
- Detail business and technical requirements, features, functionality. Ownership of the product lifecycle through concept, launch, and support.
- Utilize knowledge of the market, user feedback, product metrics, and competitor products to identify opportunities and develop new products.
- Define key metrics for a product’s success and failure.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Lead research projects and user interviews. Talk to our users, distill their insights, and factor their requirements into the product development process.
- Own the product backlog and prioritize work across sprints. Serve as primary point of contact for all technical questions on business requirements.
You are someone who seeks solutions to complex obstacles. You are comfortable with the ambiguity of a growing & scaling startup. You possess the skills to both implement long term processes and pivot to manage short term initiatives. You are a broad-minded, creative intellectual who demonstrates empathy for users and internal stakeholders. You are a passionate team player with strong technical acumen; your ability to communicate effectively with engineers, amongst other teams, is the key to success.
- 4+ years of product management experience with increasing responsibility
- User empathy for the various stakeholder groups across the investment and enterprise community.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- Sufficient technical depth to discuss the nuances of our products and backend systems with the engineering team.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries and functional specifications
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
NICE TO HAVE
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering)
- An MBA or other advanced degree
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Life & Disability coverage
- Pizza n’ Blockchain (n’ more!)
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!
- Just about any snack you can think of from starburst to seaweed to sugar free jerky...
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, and a short cover letter about why you want to join CoinDesk. Please put Product Manager in the subject line.