Coherent Solutions is a digital product engineering company focused on empowering business success. Our global team of 2000+ talented professionals collaborate seamlessly to deliver innovative solutions that drive measurable business impact. Headquartered in Minneapolis, USA, the company’s core competencies across 10 locations worldwide include product software development, IT consulting, data and analytics, machine learning, mobile app development, DevOps, Salesforce, and more.
We grow a team of advisors, not just order takers, and strive to make the company a place for career growth and opportunities. If you want to grow your core competencies, share your passion and be sure that every contribution is evaluated, we are on the same page.
The customer is a $1.6B clothing retailer operating primarily in the U.S., but also maintaining a small presence in Europe, Japan, and Australia. The client base operating model is to advertise via catalogs and sell clothes direct to consumers on its website. The company’s products adhere to a preppy, classic American style, are priced at a medium high price point, and are considered above average (but not luxury) in quality.
Your role will involve designing and implementing solutions for Windows, Linux, or Mac servers, as well as overseeing LAN/WAN systems and telecommunication systems. Additionally, you'll be tasked with the setup and customization of these servers, network systems, and telecommunication systems. You'll play a crucial role in addressing escalated systems alerts, diagnosing and recovering from hardware/software failures, and resolving service-level issues.
What You'll Do
- Experienced with Linux and Windows;
- Tier II support for System Administrators, troubleshooting & resolutions for server/storage/network/software issues;
- Install/configure/support server deployment in both physical and virtual environments, in on-premise and cloud-hosted configuration;
- Evaluate performance and optimize servers/storage/network equipment and suggest solutions as needed;
- Monitor system performance, reliability, and security;
- Experience with management frameworks such as Puppet, Satellite, Foreman, Spacewalk;
- Experience with operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, AIX, VMWare, Oracle will be a plus;
- Chef, Ansible, ServiceNow, Atlassian (Jira/Confluence) experience desirable;
- Experience with backup software, Commvault, Rubrik or similar;
- Experience with monitoring software: SolarWinds, DynaTrace or similar;
- Experience with access control software: Centrify, Satellite or similar;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience as a System Administrator;
- Strong familiarity with desktop\server operating systems (Windows and Linux), PCs, servers, Network, storage technologies and monitoring;
- Experience with networking technologies, (LAN/WAN, Layer2/3, Routing, IPS, VPN’s, VLAN’s, DHCP, DNS, ACL’s);
- Strong familiarity with virtualization software;
- Strong familiarity with security & security best practices;
- Strong familiarity with using industry standard practices for supporting complex infrastructure environment;
- Demonstrated excellent, effective and professional, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong listening skills;
- Ability to work and remain flexible in a fast-paced, constant priorities-changing environment;
- Proven abilities and effectiveness in problem resolution and quick decision-making;
- Demonstrated effective time management skills;
- Participate in an On-call rotation for after-hours support;
- Knowledge of English (written/spoken) - from Intermediate;
What Do We Offer
The global benefits package includes:
- Technical and non-technical training for professional and personal growth;
- Internal conferences and meetups to learn from industry experts;
- Support and mentorship from an experienced employee to help you professional grow and development;
- Internal startup incubator;
- Health insurance;
- English courses;
- Sports activities to promote a healthy lifestyle;
- Flexible work options, including remote and hybrid opportunities;
- Referral program for bringing in new talent;
- Work anniversary program and additional vacation days.