Coherent Solutions is a digital product engineering company focused on empowering business success. Our global team of 2000+ talented professionals collaborate seamlessly to deliver innovative solutions that drive measurable business impact. Headquartered in Minneapolis, USA, the company’s core competencies across 10 locations worldwide include product software development, IT consulting, data and analytics, machine learning, mobile app development, DevOps, Salesforce, and more.
We grow a team of advisors, not just order takers, and strive to make the company a place for career growth and opportunities. If you want to grow your core competencies, share your passion and be sure that every contribution is evaluated, we are on the same page.
The company was founded with a mission to help Americans understand how their local tax dollars are spent and provide context through peer comparisons. They assist municipalities, from towns to cities and school districts, in improving efficiency and communication via their financial transparency and benchmarking platform. With numerous partnerships already in place, their platform empowers civic officials with data for informed decision-making, promoting data-driven governance and enhancing democracy.
The ongoing project aims to expand this network, strengthen the platform, and foster collaboration among government officials and communities. By broadening their reach, the company seeks to enable more transparent communication, peer connections, and informed decision-making in local governance. Ultimately, this project aligns with their mission to improve democracy by leveraging data-driven insights for community benefit nationwide.
What You'll Do
- Lead a cross-functional team of software engineers, providing guidance, mentorship, and technical expertise. Set high standards for code quality and best practices;
- Develop and communicate the technical vision and architecture for our enterprise software projects, ensuring alignment with business objectives;
- Collaborate with the engineering team by actively participating in the design and development of critical software components;
- Conduct thorough code reviews to maintain code quality, consistency, and adherence to coding standards;
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends, evaluating their potential for integration into our software solutions;
- Tackle complex technical challenges, provide guidance in issue resolution, and drive root cause analysis;
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions;
- Maintain clear and comprehensive technical documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing and onboarding;
- 5+ years of professional software product/service development experience;
- Established track record of delivering robust cloud-based solutions and intricate user interfaces, concurrently developing reusable code and consistent user experiences;
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with a track record of leading high-performance engineering teams;
- Familiarity with contemporary web development tools and patterns, such as NPM, Webpack, etc.;
- Previous experience with AWS, DataDog is a plus;
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems using appropriate tools and techniques;
- Experience with modern development practices in testing, version control, and Agile;
- Sense of urgency, and ownership, and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Level of English - from Intermediate+ (spoken/written).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field;
What Do We Offer
The global benefits package includes:
- Technical and non-technical training for professional and personal growth;
- Internal conferences and meetups to learn from industry experts;
- Support and mentorship from an experienced employee to help you professional grow and development;
- Internal startup incubator;
- Health insurance;
- English courses;
- Sports activities to promote a healthy lifestyle;
- Flexible work options, including remote and hybrid opportunities;
- Referral program for bringing in new talent;
- Work anniversary program and additional vacation days.