Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Reporting to the SVP of People, the Director, HR Operations will be responsible for leading a wide range of HR services and partnerships to support the initiatives and strategic goals of the organization. This position is responsible for partnering with the business stakeholders to formulate and execute plans to optimize structure, people, systems, and processes. You, and the entire People Operations team, will be responsible for providing both strategic and tactical HR support to all Cohere departments. The successful candidate will partner closely with senior leaders, managers, and colleagues to build a high-performance organization and culture that recognizes and values differences, and where teamwork is expected. This role will represent People Operations by building and communicating philosophies, processes, policies, and capabilities to department management and employees.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Partner with the leadership team to design and build organizational capability to deliver against Cohere’s strategic goals and objectives
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Coach Executives, Directors, and Managers toward goal-oriented and results-driven leadership. Provide strategic guidance to managers on effective handling of employee relations issues, including input for performance management situations
- Build effective, positive relationships and processes to respond to employee requests, questions, concerns, and suggestions
- Design and oversee a system that supports employees throughout an inclusive and equitable employee lifecycle, from hiring and onboarding to offboarding and other transitions
- Design and execute the strategic direction of competitive best in class benefit programs by assessing associate requirements, reviewing competitor and general industry practices, and analyzing cost impact/effectiveness
- Project manage the review, negotiation and maintenance of various health and wellness brokers' and vendors' contracts, renewals, competitive positioning, funding, billing, compliance and plan descriptions
- Ensure all HR programs are effective and in compliance with local and national regulations; keep abreast of current guidelines, legislation, new rules, and changes and trends related to employment law, FLSA, etc.
- Scale organizational structure, levels, and compensation bands
- Lead compensation strategy, perform compensation analysis, and build out total rewards
- Build and deliver People Analytics to measure capacity and business impact
- Design an effective internal communications system that encourages feedback
- Support rewards/recognition and wellness initiatives in support of company-wide programs and business operations
Your background & requirements:
- 10+ years of strong HR management experience
- High growth tech experience
- 5+ years of experience as a HR supporting complex business including exempt & non-exempt employee base
- Experience across all facets of HR with a focus on Compliance, LOA, Benefits, Payroll, Compensation, and Performance Management
- HRIS Implementation and integration experience. ADP required
- Strong knowledge of all pertinent federal and local regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs
- Ownership of open enrollment from benefits selection & negotiation to successful facilitation
- Data driven approach with an ability to leverage information to influence business outcomes. Benchmarking and strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail; and quality assurance of work products.
- Compensation and benefits analysis experience
- Must possess ability to establish credibility with all levels of employees, as well as ability to build and maintain professional client relationships
- Superior interpersonal, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Must be highly organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent communication skills, with proven ability to effectively present information on an individual basis and to groups of employees
- Must be able to creatively identify solutions for a wide variety of problems
- Strong Excel skills
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.