Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
You will play a critical leadership role, partnering with management to provide business performance reporting, drive business results, oversee budgeting and forecasting and lead a small but growing team. We are looking for a Senior Director of Finance, to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the SVP of Finance and working alongside our FP&A Manager, this person is a strong leader, critical thinker, problem solver, and key collaborator whose mission is to enable Cohere’s long-term financial health by enabling effective business performance management across the organization. In doing so, you will lead all strategic finance projects, including building annual budgets, monthly re-forecasting, and P&L analysis. You’ll play an instrumental role in tracking our performance, identifying areas of opportunity, and helping us to use analytics to make critical strategic decisions. You will own projects from ideation to completion that push progress on company OKRs, develop and disseminate Cohere’s financial best practices, and deliver data-driven insights to senior leadership that evaluates our business’s health and trajectory. Above all, this is an exciting opportunity to further build upon the foundation of our finance function at a values- driven company that is working towards simplifying healthcare!
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Participate in thought partnership and overall financial support for business leaders,
- influencing decisions around new customer acquisition, P&L segmentation, capacity and
- staffing requirements
- Direct leadership teams through the development of business cases and financial
- models; recommend operational and financial targets
- Oversee our financial modeling process which includes reporting and analyzing
- historical data and projections
- Act as the subject-matter expert for department-related P&L questions and provide
- accurate forecasts to capture revenue trends and inform resource deployment
- Build a common understanding of the underlying economics of the business and
- frameworks for evaluating tradeoffs for critical cross-functional stakeholders
- Evaluate and diagnose areas to improve financial operations and quarterback these
- changes across all core processes, systems, and tools
- Create a framework for long-term capital allocation to execute against business strategy
- Effectively managing the company’s liquidity and working capital requirements
- Support potential partnerships and M&A activities through the development of business plans
Your background & requirements:
- You have 10-15 years of related work experience, preferably with a start-up or healthcare technology company
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Economics
- You love problem-solving in a fast-paced environment ad thrive collaborating with others to solve challenging problems
- You are an excellent communicator and can align interests across a diverse set of stakeholders
- You demonstrate exceptional analytical and financial acumen and have a proven track record of producing data-driven insights and recommendations to senior leadership
- You’re an ambitious self-starter eager to build something from the ground up; you have a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too big or too small’ attitude
- You are someone that can be both strategic and tactical and can easily move between the big picture and on the ground execution
- You are customer oriented and have a track record of providing value to internal customers
- You are an experienced people leader and can grow, manage, and develop an exceptionally strong team to tackle ambitious objectives
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.