Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a high caliber engineering team that is growing quickly. You will build impactful healthcare technology on a modern tech stack with the potential for rapid career progression as we grow.
- Lead multiple fast-paced, autonomous, agile teams to build and enhance a growing software platform
- Foster a culture of developing early career talent who will become the next leaders in the health technology industry.
- Help hire new talent - help with sourcing and selling to candidates as well as vetting them for the team. Provide innovative solutions for both attracting and retaining top talent.
- Create transparency into delivery health through the use of meaningful sprint metrics that inform data-driven interventions.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the technical design and sprint process
- Be a bastion of testing, quality, and attention to detail by supporting industry leading practices such as writing and maintaining comprehensive test coverage
- Actively participate in ensuring Cohere maintains a disciplined approach to healthcare security
What we are looking for:
- You are a leader and strong people manager looking to serve the team and achieve team goals.
- You bring a strong perspective that motivates engineers to develop simple, pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience with common software development practices such as version control, unit testing, and CI/CD
- You have proven execution track record that is customer-centric in prioritisation - looking to deliver projects that serve the company’s needs and understand the impact
- You understand and demonstrate the power of granting autonomy to teams and individuals
Our application stack:
- Java Spring/Grails
Your background & education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct line management of software development teams, required
- Prior experience in healthcare and life sciences is a plus, but is not required
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.