Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to come join our awesome team. As the Senior Data Analyst, your responsibility will be to make sure data in our platform is validated, cleaned and ready for any reporting and analytics work. You will work closely with the analytics, clinical content, product and engineering to understand the data needs, validate ETL summary reports, monitor jobs and troubleshooting on issues. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs - requiring scrappiness, flexibility, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the company and its partners with exponential growth opportunity. You will be part of the data management team and build one Cohere data platform to support our downstream teams to optimize patient care paths.
What you will do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s x-functional collaboration and workflow support healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey
- Work with business analysts to understand what data we have and monitor production jobs
- Ensure data quality, for example:
- Monitor daily refresh data jobs from payer to our Cohere platform and from Cohere platform to our data platform
- Build and review ETL summary reports
- Perform and review quality checks on incoming, outgoing and aggregated data in order to identify data anomalies.
- Create and manage data issue log
Your background & requirements:
- 5+ years data experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission, preferably a healthcare analytics company or population health organization
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Strong analysis and validation skills
- Strong interest and understanding of EMR data, Claims and SDOH data
- Strong Excel and other MS Office tools skills
- Proficient in R, SQL, Python, AWS (S3, Airflow, Athena)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with end users to develop QC metrics
- Knowledge of STARs, HEDIS and other clinical / financial metrics in healthcare
- Ability to understand and work with large quantities of data to identify trends, errors and gaps
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Salesforce and Kibana, preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM, public health, finance, economics, or other related field
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.