Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to come join our awesome team. As the Business Analyst, your responsibility will be to collect all the data requirements from both internal and external clients. You will work closely with the analytics, clinical content, and product to support different needs. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs - requiring scrappiness, flexibility, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the company and its partners with exponential growth opportunity. You will be part of the data management team and build one Cohere data platform to support our downstream teams to optimize patient care paths.
What you will do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s cross-functional collaboration and workflow support healthcare providers’ workflows and patients’ care journeys
- Partner with key business users and stakeholders to define data requirements and scope
- Collect requirements from clinical, analytics, finance and operations teams to define derived data fields required for reporting
- Partner with clinical team to create and maintain reference library that contains medical codes such as ICD, CPT, HCPCS...etc
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Understand Cohere’s data needs and communicate with clients to request historical and ongoing data
- Work with data analysts to implement new data sources
- Manage day to day activities of multiple data model projects
Your background & requirements:
- 1-2 years experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission, preferably a healthcare analytics company or population health organization
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of healthcare, claims, EMR, HEOR, SDOH data
- Knowledge of STARs, HEDIS and other clinical / financial metrics in healthcare
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM, public health, finance, economics, or other related field
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.