Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is a great opportunity for an outstanding analyst to join a Series B digital health company as part of the Clinical Content team. You will work closely with clinical and analytics leadership, subject matter experts, product, and engineering to support decision-making for a wide range of strategic, product, and clinical problems. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs - requiring adaptability, curiosity, and grace under pressure. Your work will support the expression of clinical policies, programs, and guidelines as rules that power our products and services.
What you will do:
- Translate policies and clinical criteria into rules using structured logical representation
- Partner with physicians and other cross-functional teams to gather, document, and analyze policy and guideline needs and requirements
- Develop, implement, and test rule logic in order to support company initiatives
- Serve as a go-to resource for in-depth understanding to resolve user-submitted problems and questions
- Clearly communicate rule/logic changes to stakeholders across the organization
- Perform audits/QA tests to identify software inefficiencies and bugs/inconsistencies
Your background and requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare technology, insurance, or medical coding field
- Analytical thinker who thrives on solving complex problems
- Exceptional communication skills and has a keen ability for translating technical requirements to a less technical audience.
- Detail-oriented and enjoy managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities and manage expectations
- Works well both as part of a team and independently
- Knowledge of administrative code sets, such as SNOMED CT, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and LOINC
- Able to work independently in a remote work environment with minimal supervision
- Medical necessity data changes quickly; adaptable knowledge is a must.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM, public health, finance, economics, or other related field
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.