Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for a Healthcare Analyst to come join our awesome team. As the Healthcare Analyst, your responsibility will be to research and evaluate healthcare information from different data sources to identify trends and business insights. You will work closely with the clinical content, product, and engineering to support decision-making, and will dig into a wide range of strategic, product, and clinical problems. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs - requiring scrappiness, flexibility, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the company and its partners with exponential growth opportunity.
You will contribute to healthcare analytics to meet quality, cost and service objectives with your knowledge of statistical analysis including clinical and financial risk tracking, models to impact experience, cost, quality, and opportunity analysis. You will help build a company, as well as wear many hats. Our team values empowerment and is committed to developing our talent.
What you will do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s x-functional collaboration and workflow intersect with healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey.
- Perform in-depth analysis of healthcare data coupled with data from product and other sources to independently design, develop, and deliver analytic deliverables to meet quality, cost and service objectives.
- Leveraging data from various sources, e.g., eligibility, medical and pharmacy claims, provider, and data submitted by providers via the prior authorization process, working with senior analysts and other team members to generate reports that will help solve business problems, transform data, create derived variables from claims, and perform ad hoc analysis.
- Support senior analysts with the development of patient data models from claims, clinical assessments data, and other sources to have an up to date information on a patient
- Manipulate data using large datasets and multiple data sources; use R/Python scripts to develop, design, manage, and analyze data.
- Use your knowledge in healthcare data to develop effective models to improve our product and success measures
- Perform and review quality control on incoming, outgoing, and aggregated data in order to identify anomalies
- Help with the development of dashboards for internal and external use
Your background & requirements:
- 1-2 years analytical experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission, preferably a healthcare analytics company or allied health organization
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Knowledge of industry standards, statistical analyses including opportunity assessments, clinical and financial risk tracking, trend identification and predictive modeling exercises.
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge of healthcare, HEOR, SDOH data
- Proficient in Python, R, SQL, AWS (S3, SageMaker, Athena, Kibana) or other common analytic/ data tools
- Knowledge of EMR data, SDoH, Claims, HEDIS and other clinical / financial metrics in healthcare
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM, public health, finance, economics, or other related field
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.