Sr Healthcare Analyst
Cohere Health is simplifying healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience. Our focus is to enable an efficient, transparent patient journey where patient goals are central to decision-making.
We are a mission-driven and fast-growing company obsessed with eliminating the wasteful friction patients and doctors experience, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build products and services that ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for a Senior Healthcare Analyst to come join our awesome team. As the Senior healthcare Analyst, your responsibility will be to research and evaluate healthcare information from different data sources to identify trends and business insights. You will work closely with the clinical content, product, and engineering to support decision-making, and will dig into a wide range of strategic, product, and clinical problems. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs - requiring scrappiness, flexibility, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the company and its partners with exponential growth opportunity.
You will contribute to healthcare analytics to meet quality, cost and service objectives with your knowledge of statistical analysis including clinical and financial risk tracking, models to impact experience, cost, quality, and opportunity analysis. You will help build a company, as well as wear many hats. Our team values empowerment and is committed to developing our talent.
What you will do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s x-functional collaboration and workflow intersect with healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey.
- Perform in-depth analysis of healthcare data coupled with data from product and other sources to independently design, develop, and deliver analytic deliverables to meet quality, cost and service objectives.
- Leveraging data from various sources, e.g., eligibility, medical and pharmacy claims, provider, and data submitted by providers via the prior authorization process, working with Directors of Clinical Programs to analyze and simulate expected impact and ROI, e.g., saved medical cost, saved administrative cost and improved quality and patient outcomes, for proposed clinical programs and interventions to inform strategic planning.
- Be a SME in a wide variety of healthcare data assets including but not limited to medical and pharmacy claims data – experience coding HCCs, HEDIS/compliance measures, GPI groupers and various other derived variables from claims data.
- Develop patient data models from claims, clinical assessments data, and other sources to have an up to date information on a patient
- Create utilization and quality reports – help with the trend reporting
- Manipulate data using large datasets and multiple data sources; using R/Python software develop, design, manage, and analyze data.
- Use your expertise in healthcare data to develop effective models to improve our product and success measures
- Be responsible for both ad hoc analysis as well assisting in developing dashboards for internal and external use
A good background for success at Cohere Health:
- At least 5 years analytical experience at company where health outcomes were critical to the mission, preferably a healthcare analytics company or allied health organization
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Knowledge of industry standards, statistical analyses including opportunity assessments, clinical and financial risk tracking, trend identification and predictive modeling exercises.
- Excellent communicator
- Subject matter expert in healthcare data
- Proficient in R, SQL, Tableau, Python, SAS, AWS (S3, SageMaker, Athena) or other common analytic/ data tools
- Strong knowledge of EMR data, SDoH, Claims, HEDIS and other clinical / financial metrics in healthcare
- Proficient in current modeling approaches, standard scientific methods for intervention based analysis, trend identification, and data analytics
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM, public health, finance, economics, or other related field
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!