Cohere Health is simplifying healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience. Our focus is to enable an efficient, transparent patient journey where patient goals are central to decision-making.
We are a mission-driven and fast-growing company obsessed with eliminating the wasteful friction patients and doctors experience, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build products and services that ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to own product areas within the Cohere platform, with full accountability from strategy to execution. Ultimately, your work will directly impact the experience and care that patients receive when they need help the most.
Reporting to the Director of Product, this is a critical role in a Series A company and an uncommon opportunity to build products from scratch that will rapidly scale. The impact, experience, and professional growth over the next few years will be unmatched in healthcare.
You should apply if you are a leader who delivers value to the business by inspiring teams to build and market products that really work for the users. You sit in the center of strategy, design, engineering and operations to drive multiple levels of decisions, from what “north star” metric we should drive towards, to signing off on acceptance criteria on a new feature. You love being in the field to learn about needs - talking with users, customers, partners, and stakeholders - and are able to quickly synthesize, develop hypotheses, and prioritize requirements for your products. You work closely with design and engineering in agile scrum teams to iterate on prototypes and products to rapidly drive to user value.
What you will do:
- Define and own vision, product strategy, Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), roadmaps, and requirements for product areas; drive clarity and alignment across the team including other functions and leadership
- Deliver results by empowering cross-functional teams that include product marketing, product design, clinical, engineering, analytics, and operations. Create an inclusive, energetic team environment that unleashes our people
- Take a design-first (e.g., “double diamond”) approach to developing product requirements, including partnering with design/research, marketing, engineering, and other team members to understand and evangelize user needs. Regularly conduct research in the field with users, customers, partners and other stakeholders. Synthesize findings to drive requirements
- Structure, write, prioritize, and maintain epics, stories and acceptance criteria; closely partner with design and engineering to execute in sprints to rapidly ship and iterate. Writing is important in our culture and being a fast, clear writer will be essential to success
- Work with product marketing to ensure our products are getting traction in the market and with users, including sales decks, collateral, and release notes
- Work with analytics team to define, track and measure value
- Represent Cohere to external audiences including business development, sales, conferences, and investors
- Iterate and improve Cohere’s agile development process as we scale
- Proven strategic decision-making; can prioritize and make tough calls in ambiguous situations. Strong intuition for what is going to work
- Results-driven; objective and metrics-oriented, relentless about the pursuit of excellence on behalf of our users
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to synthesize large volumes of information and data; bring simplicity and structure to complexity, hypothesis-driven. “Strong opinions weakly held” approach to quickly develop perspectives (but change based on new data and perspectives). Enjoy the push-pull of passionate debate to get to decisions
- Superb leadership, active listening, and communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting); humble, credible and influential with a wide variety of stakeholders including team, users, prospects/customers and partners
- Empathetic and curious about what makes people tick; customer-obsessed, energized by being in the field and talking with users
- Eye for great design; collaborative partner with design/research and marketing
- Comfort with data and technology; ability to translate and explain value of technical concepts to the business and vice versa; credibility with data scientists, engineers and architects
- Self-directed, confident, and thrive working in a fast-paced startup environment. Calm under pressure
- Experienced working in agile scrum
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Experience in Healthcare, care coordination, clinical workflow management, clinical programs, or value based care. Direct experience working with patients and/ or providers is a plus
- Experience with healthcare data and standards is a plus
- Track record of delivering value via products that have scaled to millions of users. P&L experience a plus
- Deep consumer product and/or enterprise workflow experience
- Track record of delivering with cross-functional agile scrum teams
- 20% travel will be expected once situation allows, in order to get out to users and customers in the field
- 2+ years of experience in software product management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, STEM, or equivalent professional experience
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!