Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are committed to eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you’ll join our growing team of world-class engineers, statisticians, and clinical experts to deploy machine learning algorithms that help automate burdensome administrative clinical practices. You will be tasked with finding the most promising opportunities for impact and then delivering on them.
Our ML team’s work is focused in the following four areas:
- Information retrieval from unstructured clinical text
- Predicting clinical findings from structured and unstructured data sources
- Building intelligent algorithms for ordering work queues
- Identifying anomalies, such as behavior change and gaming, in user behavior
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
|What you will do:
- Perform in-depth analysis of healthcare data coupled with data from product and other sources to independently design, develop, and deliver ML models.
- Build reliable and scalable production machine learning systems
- Work on feature engineering, statistical analysis, developing novel ML techniques, understanding model performance, and ensuring fit-for-purpose.
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, statisticians, EHR data specialists and physicians.
- Optimize algorithms, running in real-time, for speed and accuracy.
What you will have:
- You have 3+ years experience in applied ML in the industry with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in computer science, machine learning, mathematics or similar field
- Clear understanding of model building, model maintenance and the measures that optimize models for product use
- Understand experimental design and can independently perform collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
- Expert in Python or other common analytical data tools
- Experienced in various regression and classification approaches
- Hands on experience building NLP models, using a variety of techniques
Bonus points for:
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with healthcare data such as claims and EMR data
- Experience with OCR
- Experience with graph databases or network analysis
- Experience building ranking or recommender systems
- Hands on experience using AWS tools such as SageMaker Studio and Neptune
- Experience with TensorFlow is also a plus
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.