Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you’ll join our growing team of world-class engineers, statisticians, and clinical experts to deploy machine learning algorithms that help automate burdensome administrative clinical practices. You will be tasked with finding the most promising opportunities for impact and then delivering on them.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high caliber engineering team that is growing quickly. You will build impactful healthcare technology on a modern tech stack.
What you will do:
- Find the signal in incoherent clinical data
- Build reliable and scalable production machine learning systems
- Work on feature engineering, statistical analysis, developing novel ML techniques, understanding classifier performance, and ensuring fit-for-purpose.
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, statisticians, EHR data specialists and physicians.
What you will have:
- You have 3+ years experience in applied ML in the industry with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in computer science, machine learning, mathematics or similar field
- Clear understanding of model building, model maintenance and the measures that optimize models for product use
- Understand experimental design and can independently perform collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
- Expert in R, SQL, Python or other common analytical data tools
- Expert in linear regression and classification approaches
- Hands on experience building NLP models
Bonus points for:
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with healthcare data such as claims and EMR data
- Experience with OCR
- Experience with graph data bases or network analysis
- Experience building ranking or recommender systems
- Hands on experience using AWS tools such as SageMaker Studio and Neptune
- Experience with TensorFlow is also a plus
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.