Opportunity overview - Location: Remote
Cohere Health is simplifying healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience. Our focus is to enable an efficient, transparent patient journey where patient goals are central to decision-making.
We are a mission-driven and fast-growing company obsessed with eliminating the wasteful friction patients and doctors experience, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build products and services that ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
The Intake Specialist position is a crucial role in our organization as business needs change quickly — in this role you are responsible for performing a full range of activities that will positively impact the organization and contribute to guiding the strategic operations for the company.
As an Intake Specialist, you will help us accelerate our culture through interactions with our customers. In this position, you will draw on your experience to provide top of the line service to our customers that will help Cohere Health build our brand. This position will service inbound calls, emails, and/or faxes from our customers. This position will also assist our clinical staff in gathering and collecting all necessary information from our customers in a timely manner to ensure that deadlines are met. You will need to be an agile thinker and able to work in an environment that is in flux. This is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the organization/operations structure of an up and coming company with exponential growth opportunity.
What will you do
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and faxes from health care providers
- Provide exemplary customer service with every interaction
- Provide resolution on first interaction with the caller
- Deliver quality results with every interaction in a timely manner
- Collect and gather all necessary information for clinical review
- You will be cross-trained with other various positions within the company
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness, willingness to learn and accept coaching to improve
- Must have empathy of others and ability to build rapport
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are willing to jump in and help other team members
- Interact with customers via inbound calls, outbound calls, emails, and other communication platforms
- Strong communication skills, able to take unstructured information and structure it
- Ability to work cross functionally across remote teams
- Familiarity with Prior Authorization processes in healthcare
- Kind, Patient and Caring in even the most stressful situations
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to understand a problem and work it to a viable solution
- Ability to navigate and use multiple systems to compile needed information in a timely manner
- Skilled in problem solving and delivering quality results.
- Demonstrates ability to de-escalate escalated calls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet established performance targets for quality and volume completed on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Flexibility and agility, works well in ambiguous situations, clear understanding of an early stage startup environment
- Experience in a Contact Center/Production environment
- Call center: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Experience as a medical assistant, clinical assistant, or healthcare assistant preferred
- Proficient in use of computers in daily function
- Preferred proficient in using a Mac
- Must have excellent computer skills, with a strong understanding of most major applications including GSuite products and Microsoft products
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Passionate about continuous process improvement, always actively seeking out practical solutions to challenging business problems
- You understand that this position is very fluid and the term “not my job” doesn’t exist
- High school diploma, GED, required
- Associates degree preferred
- Medical Assistant (MA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) certification preferred
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
We strongly believe in pay equity and transparency and as such would like share that our hourly rate of pay for this position is $18.00 and an annual bonus. We are also focused in successful onboarding so conduct monthly onboarding, with upcoming classes scheduled for November 30th.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!