As a Code Review Specialist at CoGrammar, you must possess exceptionally strong programming skills and experience in carrying out technical, high-quality code review in an academic or industry setting.
In this role you will be carrying out path-breaking work in drawing upon your professional experiences with reviewing code to define and develop a code review process that will make human review of code more effective, quality-assured and scalable. Your work will refine our existing code review model to become one of the first (and few) works of authority in this emerging field, with massive potential for disruptive applications in fields ranging from coding education to scaling peer reviews in tech companies.
To fit this role, you must be driven by a hunger for excellence. You must possess an uncompromising and critical attitude when it comes to code quality, and a severe lack of tolerance for mediocrity in code. You should be technically adept to advise on a code review process that improves the code’s quality, structure, readability, and efficiency in a process-first, and systematic manner. You must feel excited by the enormous impact this work can and will have on the quality of coding in general, and coding education in particular, around the world.
We are looking for team members to join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Our team consists of former Google and Amazon employees, former executive team members of some of South Africa's top startups, and those who have previously built and gone on to sell large businesses. We are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
As a CoGrammar, you not only fill out one of the most key roles in our organisation, you define what we are.
This is a mid-to-senior level role in which you will be leading the technical code review we provide to our international partners (some of the biggest brands in technology, recruitment and education headquartered in the US, UK and Europe).
You will also be guiding and mentoring a team of young code reviewers to ensure they're able to provide world-class technical reviews on code. Constant training, learning and specialising yourself is an integral part of this job. At any given point of time, you may be training on advanced level curriculum or a new technology stack working with one of our partners.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of programming experience or teaching experience in a core programming language such as Java, Python, C#, or C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, meticulous attention to detail.
- A problem-solving and positive attitude
- Start-up mentality and the desire to see CoGrammar succeed
- An interest in the future of education and online learning
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of Ruby, DevOps, React, MERN / MEAN stack
- 1+ year of peer / professional mentorship experience in any capacity
- Active involvement in local and international tech communities.