At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We’re a collaborative team of technology- and business-oriented entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
Cogo Labs is looking for a data-driven, detail-oriented, self-motivated individual to be our newest Account Manger! You will be the bridge between our advertising and data partners and our internal teams. In your outward-facing role, you will develop and expand strategic relationships to grow revenue and gross profit within an email marketing company under incubation. You will keep a close eye on performance metrics for your partnerships and help determine strategies around relationship growth. Your relationships will build over time, as you identify challenges and nuances that you are uniquely capable of solving.
We’re in the business of supporting our partners and our employees equally. If you’re looking to join a team of data- and process-driven Account Managers, who embrace a fun and supportive culture, we want to hear from you!
What to expect from Cogo:
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's leaders.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business.
- Independently manage a diverse group of partners from post contracting to revenue production including but not limited to network offer, data lists, IP, lead-generation, signal, or re-marketing partners.
- Liaise between partners and internal teams to manage timelines, goals, and budgets. Prioritize internal goals while also meeting partner expectations.
- Support existing partner relationships. Identify and create opportunities and solutions with our strategic partners.
- Source potential new partnerships, contribute to market analysis, monitor competitive activity and identify emerging external and internal partner needs
- Identify growth opportunities to expand current partnerships
- Build proposals to grow budgets with existing revenue streams and introduce partners to new products or opportunities available to them based on the incubator’s growth
- Ensure existing and future partners reach full revenue opportunity sizing through collaboration with sending teams and external partners
- Manage transparent revenue tracking and reporting for pipeline both internally and client facing
You must have:
- Experience with online advertising, marketing growth metrics, analytics or finance, preferably in a startup environment
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical information to stakeholders with varying technical experience
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize tasks across disciplines; pivoting to maintain alignment with business goals
- A self-starter mentality, with a willingness to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Proficiency with Excel
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of Account Management, Ad Operations, Affiliate and/or Email Marketing experience
- Basic understanding of data analysis and analytical techniques and methodologies
- Background in HTML and/or SQL
Cogo Labs Leadership Principles
1. Take Big Swings: Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on what’s important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their team’s time and effort.
2. Data Driven: Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
3. Make Moonshine: Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. They’re resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
4. Insist on the Highest Standards: Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
5. Bias for Action: Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and don’t need extensive study. Leaders value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
6. Have Integrity; Earn Trust: Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
7. Hire and Develop the Best: Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
8. Ownership: Leaders think long-term and don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
9. Disagree and Commit: Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
10. Dive Deep: Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
11. Deliver Results: Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.