A big part of building successful companies is reaching the right audience. At Cogo Labs we build reliable, scalable, and customizable tool chains that allow our businesses to find and attract users who will become loyal customers. We are looking for an Integration Engineer in Core Analytics to contribute on key initiatives and systems that support our incubating teams and companies in their high growth efforts.
You'll work on a cross-functional team with engineers and analysts to understand requirements and deliver high quality solutions on time to your customers. Prioritizing run-time, speed of implementation and/or scalability is a key art of the role. We are looking for developers who want to work closely with revenue-generating systems. We are also highly value a supportive and mentorship-oriented mindset to help build your coworkers’ technical skills. Supportiveness, ownership and accountability are core to how we build successful teams and as a Integration Engineer in Core Analytics you will enjoy a high degree of autonomy as we continue building some of Boston's fastest growing startups.
How we work:
Our core systems are written in Python, containerized using Docker, and managed using Airflow; we are obsessive about using Git to track not only our code, but also manage projects, prioritize user requests, and keep our work transparent across the company, all the way down to planning speakers for our various monthly meetings. We run our own state of the art compute and storage systems, managed by our Sysops team, and meshed with cloud services for maximum efficiency and flexibility. We favor high availability MySQL for database needs, and Airflow for job and data pipeline orchestration. On the cloud side we make extensive use of Redshift, S3, and Presto.
On your first day you should expect to:
- Be up and running on GitHub
- Start looking at others code and providing guidance
- Learn about the business to help make better decisions
After that you should expect to:
- Add new features to tools and services that support your analytics team
- Streamline existing processes that are painful or time consuming
- Upgrade existing systems to take advantage of new technologies
- Support analysts with their technical development with technical mentorship
- Supporting analysts requests to augmentations on core team-infrastructure
- Build monitoring infrastructure that makes sure systems and campaigns are running smoothly
- Maintain and improve existing libraries, APIs, and services that the analyst team depends on daily to grow their businesses
- BA/BS in Computer Science required
- Fluency with at least two of the following languages: Go, Python, Java or C
- Familiarity with SQL and database design
- Experience working with macOS or Linux development tools
- A desire to work with and solve problems related to generating revenue with large data sets
- Ability to thrive in an agile, team-oriented environment
- We’re a venture accelerator - we employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to build profitable large-scale consumer internet businesses
- Our work is challenging and dynamic; our environment is fun and supportive
- Our company is profitable and established - “startup culture” without “startup anxiety”
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, along with substantive participation in the success of the companies we incubate
- The Cogo team is an interesting and diverse group with passions and hobbies outside of work - we are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, beer brewers, and whatever you are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.