We're not venture capitalists we're a collaborative team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As a Cogo Labs Integration Engineer, you will work to effectively and efficiently provide timely coding solutions to analyst teams’ infrastructures. You’ll own our key systems crucial to Cogo’s success, ensuring stability and reliability in our company’s bottom line. Your expertise, ideas, and hard work will have a direct and immediate impact on the success of your project. This role is fast-paced and you will have a level of ownership rarely seen in other companies.
What to expect from Cogo:
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's leaders.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business.
What we expect from you:
- Flexibility and self-motivation. We value the willingness to wear many hats and the commitment to work on whatever needs to get done.
- The ability to make a strong (data driven) case when presenting findings and recommendations, while remaining curious and receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and dedication to helping your teammates learn.
- Passions and interests outside of work, you aren't just your resume.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred, but not required. Any field that requires deep analytical thinking and technical problem solving is a plus.
- Your code strikes the balance between scalability and speed to completion.
- We develop in Python and various flavors of SQL to rapidly construct systems and solutions for our analysts. Our production deployments are built on GitHub, Docker, Apache Airflow, and AWS. Previous experience with any of these technologies is a plus, but not required.
- Focus on results: Biased for action; focused on specific goals and resistant to distraction
- Technically Proficient: Ability to come in and quickly make additions to core-infrastructure with quick ability to pick up coding skills and practices independently
- Ownership: What happens or doesn't happen within your project is your responsibility
- Enthusiastic: Passionate about work; brings a can-do attitude to all activities
- Articulate: Clearly states project missions, update, decisions, and rationales verbally and in writing
- Analytically minded: Data-driven; believes in the value of making decisions on the basis of rigorous, empirical processes
- Organized: Capable of categorizing complex projects into its digestible, surmountable parts
- Transparent: Makes work and progress clear to outside observers without politics or distortion of the underlying data
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do when appropriate; develops new ideas and self-guides within broader mission
- Open to Feedback: Actively asks for advice; eager to receive performance feedback and responds positively to suggestions and constructive criticism
- Supportive: Actively helps fellow team members and treats them with respect and kindness
- Flexible: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; enjoys working in and thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes to work long hours to get the job done
- Self-reflective: Considers work in the context of the entire organization; thinks about self-improvement
- Aggressive: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.