Are you a UI/UX designer who loves building elegant user experiences? Do you want to measure the effectiveness of your designs through data and testing? Are you looking to grow your skills and work on all stages of design, and support front-end development? Then we want to talk to you! Cogo Labs is seeking a full-time Senior UI/UX Designer to help own the marketing and UI/UX for our public facing startups as well as our internal tools that help them excel.
You are someone that has:
- A solid design portfolio with an emphasis on UI and UX design. Maybe you have a BFA in Graphic Design or you’ve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio.
- Experience working with design and wireframing tools: our design team work with Illustrator, Sketch, Photoshop, and Balsamic most days, but we are always open to suggestions.
- Experience with front-end code (HTML/CSS), and a willingness to learn more to support our engineers in their front-end endeavors.
- Strong user experience fundamentals. You are someone that believes design decisions are as much about the user experience as they are about striking visuals.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- A few years of professional design experience and are a self-starter who can own a project and see it from start to finish.
In your first week expect to:
- Familiarize yourself with Cogo Labs during our awesome Cogoversity on boarding program
- Get situated on GitHub
- Join your teammates to review some of the projects we own
- Make your first design contribution
After that expect to:
- Partner with our awesome engineers to identify and build new ways to empower the business
- Design and improve existing UIs for our internal tools, and for companies at every stage of the incubator
- Learn to design and develop email marketing templates to support Cogo’s incubating companies
- Build strong relationships with our users, and be an ambassador on their behalf
Our team values:
- Strong collaborative and mentorship skills
- Kind, articulate, and professional communication
- An eye for prioritization and project management
- Having chill and/or good vibes