At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not venture capitalists - we're a collaborative team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful consumer internet businesses, fast. Our Engineering team moves equally fast, whether that's rolling our own or pulling in off the shelf commercial or open source tech to keep our startup platform both performant and fresh.
We work in cross-functional teams to maximize your exposure to the levers of success and give you opportunities to learn and contribute that go beyond your awesome technical expertise. One of our core values is We are Coaches and we strive to coach in all dimensions -- technical, analytical, leadership, communication, and organizational skills. We are growing and we are looking for the best to come and grow with us!
How we work:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us write new systems in Go, containerized using Docker, managed using Kubernetes. We are obsessive about using GitHub to track not only our code, but also manage projects, prioritize user requests, and keep our work transparent across the company. We run our own state of the art compute and storage systems, meshed with cloud services for maximum availability, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Scale and enhance Cogo's multi-channel Internet marketing systems
- Build new APIs, services, and libraries that our new startups depend on daily to grow their businesses
- Help your users make effective use of the tools and services you build and support
- Be a leader in fostering and implementing sustainable coding practices such as TDD, code reviews, and feature-flagged live launch techniques
- Have 3+ years of professional programming experience and a BA/BS in CS
- Are fluent in at least two of the following: Go, Python, Java or C
- Have experience architecting and building highly scalable, distributed systems
- Prioritize work and provide accurate estimates for reaching business goals
- Thrive in an agile, team-oriented environment
About Cogo Labs:
- We’re a long-running, successful startup incubator, with a strong startup culture and none of the startup anxiety! Our work is challenging and dynamic, but our environment is fun and supportive.
- We employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to build profitable large-scale consumer internet startups.
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, along with substantive participation in the success of the companies we incubate.
- We are a diverse group with passions and interesting hobbies outside of work: musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, beer brewers, and whatever you are!
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.