Cognito Therapeutics, Inc. is a venture-backed (Morningside Ventures, FoundersX) startup company translating scientific findings from MIT into therapeutic approaches for Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative conditions. We were awarded a Breakthrough designation by the FDA in December 2020 based upon our phase 2 data that showed preservation of both brain function and structure in Alzheimer's patients. Cognito initiated our pivotal study for first-line treatment of Alzheimer’s in Dec 2022 and expects to start additional clinical studies in Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and Parkinson’s Disease in 2023. We are a fast-moving, highly motivated team of people with the ambitious goal of helping millions of patients and caregivers around the world who are burdened with neurodegenerative conditions. With our patented gamma stimulation technology, we are committed to developing non-invasive device-based therapies.
Summary of Role
We are seeking multiple EEG technicians or Research Assistants/Associates with EEG experience to join our team in executing clinical trials on a contract basis. These team members will conduct EEG testing protocols at clinical research sites in their assigned region of the U.S. Using Cognito equipment, technicians will travel to the clinical sites, set up the equipment, and run EEGs on clinical study participants. Potential team members interested in this position must be comfortable interacting with older adult research subjects with cognitive impairment and their families/care partners. The ideal candidate will have experience setting up and conducting EEGs in human subject research or clinical setting. You will need to follow study- specific EEG procedures to collect high quality data. To be successful in this role, you will need to be detail oriented, comfortable engaging with clinical site staff, and able to work and problem solve independently. You will also need to maintain a moderately-flexible schedule in order to meet with a clinical site as needed.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting EEGs with a cap-based setup while following strict study procedures and providing thorough documentation
- Reporting encounters with subjects and responding appropriately to any urgent concerns raised
- Traveling to clinical sites within your region, or outside your region as needed/if able, as 30-40% of role
- Troubleshooting EEG equipment with vendor when applicable
- Performing monthly quality checks on EEG equipment
- Monitoring your EEG supply stock and submitting supply order requests when needed
Who You Are
You’re someone who likes the pace and energy of a startup company and wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an early-stage company with an exciting technology, where you have the opportunity to make a difference for patients around the world. You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and are a team player. You have a strong motivation to learn, and the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems. You are able to work independently as well as part of a close team, demonstrating strong interpersonal, speaking, and writing abilities. Along with being highly organized and detail-oriented, you will have excellent time management and project management skills.
- B.A./B.S, or formal EEG certified training
- 1-2 years of relevant clinical research or clinical (i.e., patient-facing) experience
- At least one year of experience with EEG data collection with human subjects
- Available to travel with a flexible schedule
- Good communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft suite
- Within 1 hour from a major airport
- A firm grasp of basic EEG data quality standards is preferred
- Experience with populations with neurodegenerative diseases, especially cognitive impairments
- A background in brain stimulation technology is a plus