The CognitOps Story
CognitOps is a cloud and ML-driven supply chain startup founded in 2018 and headquartered in Austin, TX. Our purpose is to improve supply chains through better operations management. We're building the brain for every warehouse in the world (and eventually on Mars) to help leaders make faster and better decisions, and we hope you can join us!
CognitOps was founded by a team of lifelong supply chain technology builders. We realized that today's supply chains are unsustainable and wasteful for businesses, jobs, and the environment. And with the support of our family, friends, pets, and investors, we chose to take this challenge head-on bravely. Backed by some of the best VCs in the industry, we began our pursuit of unleashing ingenuity to give rise to resilient businesses.
We tackle cool, challenging problems. For example, we help warehouses supply hospitals with PPE and critical medical equipment more efficiently. We help e-commerce businesses ship orders on time. We tackle these challenging problems using modern technologies like machine learning, queue-based simulation, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Scala. Our team has decades of startup experience working with big data and building scalable, fault-tolerant, secure software and decades of experience working with warehouses and empathetically understanding the needs they have. We're still a small early-stage company. So you'll have an opportunity to come in, make a huge impact, and be a leader as the company grows. But at the same time, we have significant early customer traction and are already on an accelerated growth path. We believe in having a fun, loose work environment while also fostering a culture grounded in grit, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and bravery.
Supply chains are struggling to evolve. For every 1 billion dollars of e-commerce growth, North America builds 1 million more square feet of warehousing. Yet, warehouses are fraught with waste. Why? Because operations managers and leaders have never had the tools to manage their facilities correctly. It’s mind-boggling to think that the industry continues to invest in robots and point solutions that only perpetuate this broken model. This challenge is compounded by people understandably not wanting to work in these environments. We can fix this together. We can design and launch great products, build in the cloud, apply machine learning, create unique datasets, and be nonconformists always challenging the status quo together.
What You Bring
Experience in successfully…
- Carefully understanding the needs of business users, and continuously striving to delight business users;
- Taking bold decisions;
- Working closely with customers to gather product requirements;
- Defining and prioritizing product/release backlog and working closely with Scrum teams to drive execution;
- Determining how cutting-edge technologies can be used to address customer requirements.
- Continuously releasing new features and gathering customer feedback; and,
- Working with the Chief Product Officer to understand product roadmap, identifying cross-product requirements, and working with other product managers to ensure cross-functional requirements are addressed;
The following creds get us interested…
- 5+ years of product management or customer success experience delivering end-user facing products and services; experience in supply chain applications a plus
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the temperament to lead a change in direction when needed
- Ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, warehouse operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas; experience working within cloud use-cases for enterprise companies a plus
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Deep curiosity to find out why we have a shrine to a burned-up microwave
The following creds get us excited…
- You take it personally when a customer doesn’t use your product
- You loathe the word “feature”, but love the word “value”
- You care about what you do
- You care about what we do
- You live our values
We want to see your creativity, strategic thinking, and customer-whispering abilities. Be prepared to tell us how you navigating across your organization to deliver a product(s) that met a stakeholder’s need, how the product was used, and how you determined the customer really needed it. Our hiring process is swift:
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Team Interview
- Values Interview w/Co-Founders
Life at CognitOps
At CognitOps, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change supply chains -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our employees to care for their whole selves with reimbursed and hassle-free health benefits through our HRA, truly unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, safe company social events, and freedom to pursue volunteer opportunities.