The CognitOps Story
CognitOps is a cloud and ML-driven supply chain startup founded in 2018 and headquartered in Austin, TX. Our purpose is to improve supply chains through better operations management. We're building the brain for every warehouse in the world (and eventually on Mars) to help leaders make faster and better decisions, and we hope you can join us!
CognitOps was founded by a team of lifelong supply chain technology builders. We realized that today's supply chains are unsustainable and wasteful for businesses, jobs, and the environment. And with the support of our family, friends, pets, and investors, we chose to take this challenge head-on bravely. Backed by some of the best VCs in the industry, we began our pursuit of unleashing ingenuity to give rise to resilient businesses.
We tackle cool, challenging problems, and we’re customer-obsessed. For example, we help warehouses supply hospitals with PPE and critical medical equipment more efficiently. We help e-commerce businesses ship orders on time. We tackle these challenging problems using modern technologies like machine learning, queue-based simulation, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Scala. Our team has decades of startup experience working with warehouses and empathetically understanding the needs they have. We're still a small early-stage company. So you'll have an opportunity to come in, make a huge impact, and be a leader as the company grows. But at the same time, we have significant early customer traction and are already on an accelerated growth path. We believe in having a fun, loose work environment while also fostering a culture grounded in grit, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and bravery.
Supply chains are struggling to evolve. For every 1 billion dollars of e-commerce growth, North America builds 1 million more square feet of warehousing. Yet, warehouses are fraught with waste. Why? Because operations managers and leaders have never had the tools to manage their facilities correctly. It’s mind-boggling to think that the industry continues to invest in robots and point solutions that only perpetuate this broken model. This challenge is compounded by people understandably not wanting to work in these environments. We can fix this together. We can obsess about customer value, build in the cloud, leverage machine learning, create unique datasets, and be nonconformists, continually challenging the status quo together.
What You Bring
Experience in successfully…
- Managing multiple accounts, stakeholders, and personalities; establishing highly effective relationships with senior executives and key decision-makers to ensure a close and successful long-term business relationship;
- Leading customers through the software adoption while keeping the end goal in mind;
- Defining customer requirements and aligning to product features or current gaps;
- Facilitating change management workshops to drive onboarding and user adoption;
- Collaborating with internal teams to drive alignment on customer requirements within the framework and priorities of product strategy;
- Understanding customers’ strategic goals and making recommendations based on available products and best practices;
- Partnering with sales to drive alignment for customer renewals and expansions
The following creds get us interested…
- 5-7 years of experience leading software support or implementation consulting in the supply chain domain
- 3+ years of customer success experience in technology/supply chain
- Experience with cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings
- Experience working with large and complex enterprise accounts; supply chain is a plus
- Deep curiosity to find out why we have a shrine to a burned-up microwave
- Proficient in analyzing data independently to discover insights to improve the customer experience
- Desire to become a functional expert on CognitOps solutions and educate customers on the use and benefits of our products
The following mindset gets us excited…
- You love to teach decision-makers how to use data and software
- You understand that go-live is just the start
- You care about what you do
- You care about what we do
- You live our values
We want to hear about the challenges you’ve helped customers overcome. Be prepared to tell us a story about how you served a customer, the magnitude of the problem you helped overcome, and the impact of your contribution. Our hiring process is swift:
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Team Interview
- Values Interview w/Co-Founders
Life at CognitOps
At CognitOps, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change supply chains -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our employees to care for their whole selves with reimbursed and hassle-free health benefits through our HRA, truly unlimited paid time off, paid parental leave, safe company social events, and freedom to pursue volunteer opportunities.