Who we are
At Coefficient, we’re bringing spreadsheets into the 21st century. Yes, it’s an ambitious goal, to reinvent one of the backbones of the world economy. But the time for spreadsheet modernization is now.
We’re a San Francisco-based startup with an international and remote-friendly workforce. Our team is filled with passionate, creative people who are dedicated to disrupting a space that needs disrupting.
Our Co-Founders, Navneet and Tommy, bet big on the opportunities nobody else can see. Their last startup, Shopular, was backed by Y Combinator and Sequoia, and acquired by Rakuten Ebates.
Coefficient is building a remote-first company with a focus on hiring the best talent regardless of location.
What we do
Today, over 2 billion users worldwide leverage spreadsheets in day-to-day tasks. However, spreadsheet technology has not changed much in the past 30 years.
That’s where Coefficient comes in.
Our solution connects, automates, and shares live data in Google Sheets, so your reports, dashboards, and insights always stay up-to-date. Connect Google Sheets to any source system in a single click.
Coefficient completes the missing link in the modern data stack. With Coefficient, business users can access and analyze the data they need, when they need it, in the spreadsheet platform they prefer.
Now any team member can harness a new category of spreadsheets to unlock more opportunities with their data.
We’re looking for a proactive data analyst to join our team. This person will be naturally curious and proactive, and love solving growth problems with data. This role requires advanced SQL and spreadsheet knowledge, especially with looking at product analytics. We’re looking for a partner in this role that can help drive business decisions and uncover opportunities that will help scale our business. If you are a relentless problem solver who loves data and loves working with smart people, this is the role for you.
- Support the building and maintenance of a comprehensive internal analytics system to cover all business departments so stakeholders can quickly and easily access the data, metrics or analysis they need.
- Meet with stakeholders from all departments to gather requirements on their reporting needs and provide solutions to address their questions.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for all departments as needed.
- Bring intellectual curiosity to our business and constantly bring proactive insights and recommendations to the table
- Become a strong and knowledgeable user of Coefficient. Report bugs and suggest product improvements.
- Be a steward for data hygiene across the organization, identifying missing or inaccurate data and suggesting new data that should be captured.
- Maintain awareness of all fundamental business metrics and set up alerts to identify any potential issues as soon as they occur.
- Always seek ways to automate repetitive tasks and perform work more efficiently.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- 3-7 years experience in data analysis roles, preferably in SaaS or startup environments.
- Extensive familiarity and expertise with SQL.
- Understanding of core principles of business analysis and key metrics for SaaS PLG startups, including experience with Amplitude or a similar product analytics platform.
- Advanced spreadsheet knowledge, including complex formulas, pivot tables and charts.
- Knowledge of data visualization principles and how to make dashboards and reporting easy to view, interact with, and gain insights from.
- Experience with some of the following platforms: HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Amplitude, Notion, Stripe, Chargebee, Slack, Retool
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, manage project timelines, and deliver on time.
We are building a remote-only team and looking for candidates anywhere who can work US time zone hours. Having worked remotely in the past is a plus.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• Parental Leave
• 401K Plan
• Remote Work
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.