Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeEvent for campus recruitment and hackathons.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 67 countries, and has evaluated over 13 million engineers and counting…
In order to do this, we are hiring a Legal Counsel to support our General Counsel and the growing legal team. The role will be an excellent opportunity for an in-house lawyer with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do.
As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to various departments across the company. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including SaaS agreements, software licences, NDAs, and service level agreements.
- Advising on intellectual property matters, including trademarks, copyrights, and patents.
- Assisting with regulatory compliance matters, including data protection and privacy law.
- Providing legal support to other areas of the business as needed.
We would love it if you have the following experience, skills and qualifications.
- A solicitor qualified in England and Wales, with 4-5 years PQE.
- In house or private practice experience dealing with commercial and technology contracts, especially SaaS and related agreements is essential.
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up environment is desirable.
- Proficient drafting, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Sound problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Independent and proactive, with strong project management skills.
- Openness to collaborating in-office as needed.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Codility's team.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.