Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeEvent for campus recruitment and hackathons.
Why Codility needs you
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 60+ countries, and has evaluated over 10 million engineers and counting.
As an I-O Psychology Intern, you will support Codility’s I-O psychology team with research, data gathering/entry/management tasks, basic (e.g., frequencies, descriptive statistics) and moderately advanced data analysis (e.g., regression, correlation, factor analysis), report and content writing, conducting interviews and focus groups, and other ad hoc I-O psychology-related tasks.
Please note, this opportunity will be a part-time summer internship. Start and end dates are flexible depending on your academic calendar.
Who you are
We are looking for an individual who is interested in applying the science and practice of I/O psychology and has a strong desire to learn. Candidates must be at least a 2nd-year student enrolled in a Master’s or Doctorate program in I/O psychology (or a related field) and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Product Insights Team Mission
Codility’s Product Insights team supports our product development, customer success, marketing, and sales teams by conducting quantitative and qualitative research and discovery to provide actionable, evidence-based insights. We apply principles and techniques from I-O psychology, data science, and psychometrics to help ensure Codility’s assessments are engaging, fair, and psychometrically sound, increasing Codility's ability to deliver on its core value proposition -- selecting the right technical talent for the right job at the right time. We also provide expert consultation to current and potential customers around assessment strategy and implementation based on our expertise and product research.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We listen actively using a range of tools and techniques across a range of channels.
- We synthesize information through critical thinking and analysis.
- We provide actionable, data-driven insights to enable alignment and prioritization.
- We close the feedback loop to ensure our partners and customers know they’ve been heard.
Please keep this in mind: Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria; however, candidates from traditionally represented backgrounds actually tend to meet fewer of these requirements. Our mission is to unlock the world’s engineering potential and that starts with unlocking our people’s potential. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested!
What you will do
- Assist with reviewing, editing, and adding to technical documentation (e.g., support research and validation studies).
- Create research briefs on relevant topics such as job analysis processes, item and test creation, validation strategies, sources of bias, diversity in hiring, and recruitment and selection best practices.
- Take notes and help gather data during customer and SME interviews or focus groups.
- Help synthesize and summarize research findings into consumable product insights.
- Contribute to marketing and thought leadership copy/content.
- Assist with basic and advanced statistical analysis with supervision and input from senior I/O psychologists.
We would love it if you had
- Proficiency in R and Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with reviewing and summarizing academic research and literature
- Experience with structuring and managing research projects
- Experience with planning, organizing, and prioritizing work activities (multitasking)
- Experience with data wrangling concepts and techniques
- Experience with test development and item creation, piloting, and evaluation
- Experience with technical hiring, people data and analytics, HR practices/systems
- Knowledge of validation techniques and strategies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interest in the technology industry and software engineering roles
How we behave
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance, and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.