Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeEvent for campus recruitment and hackathons.
Why Codility needs you
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 60+ countries, and has evaluated over 10 million engineers and counting.
To do this, we are hiring an Assessment Scientist to apply your expertise in psychometrics and advanced analytics to improve Codility’s evaluation engine, accelerate product R&D, capture new markets, and provide in-house, on-demand research and analytical support to the product development teams.
Codility’s Product Insights team supports our product development, customer success, marketing, and sales teams by conducting quantitative and qualitative research and discovery to provide actionable, evidence-based insights. We apply principles and techniques from I-O psychology, data science, and psychometrics to help ensure Codility’s assessments are engaging, fair, and psychometrically sound, increasing Codility's ability to deliver on its core value proposition -- selecting the right technical talent for the right job at the right time. We also provide expert consultation to current and potential customers around assessment strategy and implementation based on our expertise and product research.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We listen actively using a range of tools and techniques across a range of channels.
- We synthesize information through critical thinking and analysis.
- We provide actionable, data-driven insights to enable alignment and prioritization.
- We close the feedback loop to ensure our partners and customers know they’ve been heard.
Please keep this in mind: Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria; however, candidates from more traditionally represented backgrounds actually tend to meet fewer of these requirements. Codility’s mission is to unlock the world’s engineering potential and that starts with unlocking our people’s potential. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested!
What you will do
- Gather, audit, and update psychometric evidence and technical documentation.
- Ideate and iterate on assessment and content development.
- Build organizational and client understanding and trust in assessment science.
- Partner and support product teams on exploratory and experimental R&D projects related to I-O psychology, data science, and artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Partner and support sales and customer success teams by providing basic and advanced analytical support, enablement resources, and consultation on technical topics.
We would love it if you have
- Strong R, SQL, Python, or programmatic statistical analysis skills
- Experience with test development and item creation, piloting, and evaluation
- Experience with data-wrangling concepts and techniques
- Knowledge and skills in Item Response Theory, Classical Test Theory
- Knowledge and skills in machine learning concepts and methods
- Knowledge of effective reporting and data visualization practices
- Experience with the technology industry and software engineering roles
- Experience with technical hiring, people data and analytics, HR practices/systems
- Interest and enthusiasm for exploration and experimentation
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to ask questions and be proactive
- Passion for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Psychometrics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology (with quantitative focus), Quantitative Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Statistics, or related field, OR, 5 years of experience in assessment development and psychometrics, or related field.
How we behave
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance, and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.