Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
What You will Do:
- Work with Infrastructure as Code on daily basis
- Own the solution-wide alerting strategy in the tech organization
- Ensure development teams have what they need to operate in a ‘you build it - you run it’ model.
- Optimize the incident management systems, policies, and procedures
- Work to ensure a global system availability as part of the business continuity
- Help implementing and own the observability-as-a-service stack and solution
- Ensure the engineering organization has self-service observability tools, and advocate for observability best practices
- Drive positive change in MTTD, MTTR and MTBF metrics
- Pair with both your squad members and engineers in the greater organization to spread SRE knowledge, effective use of cloud resources and best practices
- Undertake measured, methodical troubleshooting of complicated systems
Who You Are:
- You have proven experience of implementing monitoring, logging and tracing in highly available, distributed, cloud applications
- You bring experience with Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure), container orchestration and most of the following tools/technologies: Kubernetes, Linux, Docker, Terraform, FastAPI, Grafana, ELK, Prometheus, OpsGenie, GitLab, OpenTelemetry
- You understand the concept and have worked before with infrastructure as code
- You have experience as a software developer (Python and/or Go preferably)
- You have good understanding of the SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs concepts
- You are familiar with operations: metrics/statistics, incident management, post-mortems
- You know what to monitor and how to alert actionably when things go awry
- You have knowledge of scalable production architectures (config management, monitoring, infrastructure-as-a-code, load balancing, distributed systems)
- You have experience with incident management lifecycle
- You share our conviction that incident management is part of the observability
- You LOVE to automate things
It would be great if you also have the following:
- Experience building highly available and observable systems at scale
- Experience working with service meshe(s) in a multi-account cloud environment
- Passion for pair/mob programming and mentoring
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, Typescript, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest, React Testing Library
- Backend: Python3, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ,
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm/VSCode
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus monitoring stack, EFK, Terraform, Terragrunt, AWS, AWS Cognito, Chef.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Yearly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- Inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.