Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are hiring a VP of Product Engineering to lead our products development teams. The VP of Product Engineering will report directly to the CTO, be part of Codility’s senior engineering leadership team, work closely with our product team, have high visibility among the C-suite and other key stakeholders of the business and have a direct impact on Codility’s growth and expansion. The ideal candidate will have experience leading leaders and building teams to develop products in a lean methodology and in a fast paced environment - working on a large set of problems, establishing efficient development processes and improving technology while doing so. The position involves taking these skills and experience and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive remote-first tech-hiring opportunities that exist on the market today.
Being a technology-driven organization, our development teams work cross-functionally to build products from conception to launch by bringing together engineering and business worlds. The world is moving fast and our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. It’s an environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly - move fast, fail, learn, and pivot.
What you will do.
- Define and deliver our technology roadmap, foster innovation and allow our multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on our mission
- Help to architect and design scalable products, systems, APIs and business processes to support Codility’s rapid growth
- Co-own the product roadmap together with the director of Product Management and find a good balance between short and long term goals
- Lead and grow multiple Engineering Managers, Tech leads and engineering teams committed to building innovative products
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing success metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence technology, architecture and process decisions
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
We would love it if you have.
- Experience with scaling systems and products from early stage to enterprise grade
- Past experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Outstanding communication skills, as you'll be working with multiple stakeholders, championing your strategy and considering a wide variety of views
- Exceptional creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Empathic leadership skills with Executive presence
Who you are.
- You are comfortable managing ambiguity, leading change, aligning stakeholders, and helping the team do the same delivering world-class results
- You are an analytical, data driven individual with excellent communication skills and know how to achieve success and buy in through influence.
- Technical hands-on mentality, high business acumen, natural enthusiasm and curiosity and a “make things happen” attitude
- You’re a leader who balances pragmatism with visionary leadership
- Proven experience building high performing development teams and managing an organization of 50+
- You have an excellent understanding of distributed systems architecture, cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
How we behave.
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.