Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are hiring a Chief Operating Officer.
What you will do.
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive team to develop business strategies, plans, and procedures. Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth in alignment with other departments and teams.
- Drive and oversee strategy and business plan implementation.
- Guide the ongoing evolution of business and operating model along company’s growth path.
- Form, lead, manage, and develop Finance, Legal and Revenue Operations Teams.
- Build, nurture, and develop effective teams; coordinate effectively with other teams and resources, and support effective capacity building within the company to achieve company objectives.
- Continuously evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics. Define and, as necessary/appropriate, take ownership of key projects and topics to support and drive growth.
- Provide comprehensive and focused management and board reports and updates.
- Perform technical budgeting (creating the budget) and operational budgeting (using the budget to track performance).
- Drive management thinking to identify cost, revenue and margin opportunities across the business. Lead key change initiatives that underpin objectives.
- Lead development of funding and investment strategy for the business.
- Ensure the company’s technology stack and overall reporting structures, processes and controls are of highest caliber, appropriate for significant business growth goals.
- Ensure objectives are met through cost effective systems and processes that support commercial development of business. Supervise 5-8+ employees in multiple countries (positions may include VP of Business Development; FP&A Manager; Director of Legal; Director of Finance; Director of Sales Engineering; VP of Customer Development; Director of Sales EMEA & APAC; Director of Revenue Operations, or similar).
- Up to 10-20% domestic and international travel required. TELECOMMUTING / REMOTE WORK PERMITTED.
- Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
- 4 years' experience as a Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Commercial Officer or similar position.
- 4 years’ experience in each of the following:
- Business and financial planning
- C-suite level executive experience at fast growth B2B SaaS companies
- Sales, sales operations, and other commercial functions management
- Multinational companies and customers
- SaaS contracts or sales
- Working with a venture capital backed company
- 3 years’ experience in the following:
- Managing direct reports in multiple countries
- 2 years’ experience in the following:
- Organizational strategy
- All experience, skills and requirements may be gained concurrently.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company. - Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 401K match of 4% that vests immediately (US)
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what
enable us to work towards the future between vision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.