Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Frontend Engineer for one of our new teams for 2022. You will be working on a brand new product, influencing and designing new features & exposing new market leading data for our customers.
What you will do.
- Accessibility assurance - others’ careers depend on our UI. Make sure it meets the WCAG accessibility standard.
- Contributing to UX - deliver innovative features for our customers, contributing from the early UX discussions to implementation
- Product development - work closely with our Product and Design colleagues to design and develop our product, proactively propose and implement efficient frontend solutions,
- System design - design and implement frontend architecture, using and developing necessary libraries and tools, to be more flexible and scalable
- System maintenance - investigate and fix defects in the frontend part of the system, work on improving code quality,
- Software development craftsmanship - help others maintain a high quality of developed software, for example by introducing modern technologies, contributing to design, reviewing code and pair programming. Enable teams to contribute to our codebase
We would love if you have.
- Solid foundation of Frontend base technologies (React, Typescript, Jest, Redux, React Testing Library)
- At least a year of recent experience in React, & a few years of experience in React, Angular or Vue in total
- Experience in unit, integration and E2E testing
- Experience applying WCAG standards is a plus
- Experience in designing REST APIs is a plus
- Experience working with Python backend is a plus
- Foster an inclusive & diverse team environment
Experience with our Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 18 Bank Holidays
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Yearly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- An inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.