Who are we?
Codility is the highest-rated SaaS platform that evaluates the skills of software professionals. Our mission is to enable companies to build and grow high-performing engineering teams. Codility has helped global enterprises like Microsoft, PayPal, Slack, and mid-market, and hyper-growth companies scale two times faster, mitigate bias in the hiring process, and save thousands of engineering hours that can go into shipping excellent code and building great products. We also service the needs of our customers in engineering management, including supporting their engineers’ learning and development, and optimally deploying people to teams and projects.
Codility is a remote-first and people-first company with main hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin. We have a team of over 200 people strong coming from 30 different countries contributing to a product and culture that we’re super proud of. Codility is rated as the top-performing talent management software on G2, has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor, and has won the Best CEO award in 2021 on Comparably. We’re focused on continuing to develop a high-performance culture through continuous improvement and constantly placing our customer’s success at the heart of how we operate.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there. By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 70+ countries, and has evaluated over 16 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, who will lead our core product Screening team and help in shaping the future of the screening assessment platform and its increasing value to the company. The Engineering Manager will report to the Director of Engineering, lead a team of engineers facing complex fullstack technical challenges and partner with the team’s Product Manager, Product Designer, Product Researcher and with various key stakeholders across the organization to identify, design and deliver the big next opportunities. We are hiring in multiple locations: London, Berlin and Warsaw.
What you will do.
- Define and deliver the team’s technical roadmap, foster innovation and allow your multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on our mission
- Help to architect and design scalable solutions, systems, APIs and business processes to support Codility’s rapid growth
- Conduct and participate in technical design reviews
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other development processes
- Partner and collaborate effectively with the product manager, product designer and researcher to optimize the value provided based on evolving needs of our customers
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager
- Lead and guide engineering culture to form a high performance team
- Mentor and support engineers' growth and success, help them to find and focus on their strengths
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
We would love it if you have.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Golang
- 3+ years experience working on fullstack systems with user facing products
- 3+ Experience architecting and designing scalable, distributed systems over cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years of proven hands-on technical leadership experience of a product team
- Comfortable supporting a remote product team
- Past experience with deployments on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Proven track record of forming effective partnerships with product managers, product managers and data scientists
- Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.