Site Reliability Engineer
The Codility Mission
The world needs more problem-solving capacity, so at Codility we’re redefining how some of the most influential software engineering teams in the world are built. Using our platform, candidates are evaluated on an even playing field based on the technical skills that matter so companies can make better hiring decisions without wasting engineering time.
Over 10 years we’ve helped thousands of engineering leaders build high-performing, diverse teams, and evaluated the problem-solving skills of over 12 million job candidates. 2020 drove our customers online putting our platform at the forefront of remote-first hiring, helping companies like Microsoft, Tesla and Slack evolve their approach. We are driving a shift in how world class engineering teams are formed and have a bold vision for the future of tech hiring.
As a result of our continued success, we’re growing and expanding our very own Engineering department and have this exciting opportunity.
Location: Poland, Germany, UK - please note at the current time we're unable to issue any sponsorship.
Codility is a fast growing company that has a tremendous impact on how we do (remote) hiring in IT. As an infrastructure and SRE organization, we need not only to scale the cloud infrastructure itself, but also ways how product teams provision and use the cloud resources with minimal involvement from the infra team. Our customers see us as a reliable partner, candidates count on us. So we need to ensure our platform is secure and reliable. The growth brings challenges and opportunities for your development, testing your skills, and having an impact on our core business.
What you will be doing with us:
- Build, scale, and operate infrastructure for the Codility SaaS
- Work closely with product teams to help them to use cloud/infrastructure resources effectively
- Contribute to our observability stack (i.e., Prometheus and EFK), network, and permission management (AWS Cloud)
- Work on Infrastructure-as-a-Code in Terraform and Terragrunt, work on our Kubernetes/CloudNative stack (i.e., EKS, Istio, ArgoCD Prometheus stack and EFK)
- Develop and improve the infrastructure automation and tooling
- Occasionally directly support product teams, work closely with the Development Experience and Data Platform team
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in AWS or other cloud provider
- Programming skills necessary for building automations in Python or Golang
- Networking (DNS, HTTP, Load Balancing, SSH), caching/CDNs
- Experience with Istio, ArgoCD or Terragrunt is a plus
- Experience in building, operating and scaling a SaaS platform is a huge plus
Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, Typescript, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest, React Testing Library
- Backend: Python3, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ,
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm/VSCode
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus monitoring stack, EFK, Terraform, Terragrunt, AWS, AWS Cognito, Chef.
Benefits @ Codility
Codility believe in a people first culture, reflected in our core benefits package:
- Remote first culture with hubs in San Francisco, London, Warsaw, and Berlin
- You choose where you want to work be it 100% from home or in an office
- 27 days of PTO globally with generous Holiday allowance and four additional mental health days designated for mental wellbeing
- Employee incentive stock options
- Company retirement match
- Robust physical and mental health benefits
- Investment in your ongoing development through our learning fund
- Culture of trust, empowerment, and inclusion
Disclaimer: At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world